• Tue., Sep. 27, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fane unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches, and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m./7:30 a.m. daily)

Time: 5:30 p.m.

• Fri., Oct. 07, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Mon., Oct. 10, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

Happy Birthday To Bashaud Breeland!

Posted by Stephen Czarda on January 30, 2015 – 2:52 pm

(AP Image)

(AP Image)

RELATED LINK:
Players Travel Abroad For Pro Tour Productions

For more from the team, including exclusive videos, photos and written content, be sure t“like” the Redskins’ Official Facebook page

It’s time to eat your annual slice of birthday cake today, Bashaud!

Double tap to wish #Redskins CB Bashaud Breeland a very happy birthday! #HTTR #LetsEatCake #RedskinsBirthday

A photo posted by Washington Redskins (@redskins) on

Selected by the Redskins with the 102nd-overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, Clemson product Bashaud Breeland made the most of the opportunities given to him during the season, as he totaled 71 tackles with two huge interceptions.

Both of those interceptions were nabbed in victories over the Tennessee Titans and Philadelphia Eagles.

While we could continue to dive into Breeland’s successful rookie season on the field, The Redskins Blog instead wants to shed some light on what makes the cornerback tick away from the game.

Below is a Q&A Redskins.com had with Breeland, where he talks about everything from his Twitter handle to what it’s like being a father:

What is the story behind your Twitter handle (@Salute_me17)?
“I started that my sophomore year of college. My number was 17. I wanted to be that player where you get respect after you make a big play. It used to be @IShutDown17, but there’s a big difference. I want to be that player where people say, ‘Wow, you better watch out for No.  17. You better salute me. You better give me respect.’”

Who is your role model?
“DeAngelo Hall. Also, EJ Biggers, Brandon Meriweather  and Ryan Clark as well. I would say our veteran group in the secondary all have their times where they put their hands on me and teach me different things. They all have different teaching methods.”

How has been a father changed your life?
“When I had my daughter, I had her before my junior year of college. It made me want to focus. I’m not really out here playing for myself anymore. I’m out here playing for my daughter as well.”

Where is the best place to eat around Clemson?
“I would say Mack’s Diner. They have good pizza, hot dogs, burgers — anything you want.”

When does it hit you that you’re going to be the receiver?
“When I’m on his hip. If I’m on his hip and there’s no separation between us, that’s when I know I got him. He can’t go anywhere. If I’m at the line and I still have my hands on him, I know he ain’t going anywhere.”

Why do you wear No. 26?
“They gave me this when I got here. I was 17 when I was in high school, little league, college. When I got here, they gave me 26 and I ran with it.”

Posted in Uncategorized | No Comments »