• Wed., Dec. 07, 2016 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM EST Live Jay Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden addresses the media following Wednesday's practice at the Inova Sports Performance Center at Redskins Park in Loudoun County, Va.
  • Wed., Dec. 07, 2016 3:30 PM - 3:45 PM EST Live Kirk Cousins Press Conference Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins addresses the media following Wednesday's practice at the Inova Sports Performance Center at Redskins Park in Loudoun County, Va.
  • Wed., Dec. 07, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fane unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches, and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m./7:30 a.m. daily)

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Thu., Dec. 08, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Fri., Dec. 09, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Sun., Dec. 11, 2016 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM EST Live Postgame Press Conferences Redskins head coach Jay Gruden, quarterback Kirk Cousins and select players address the media following the Redskins vs. Eagles game at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pa.
  • Mon., Dec. 12, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Posted by Jake Kring-Schreifels on December 23, 2014 – 4:07 pm

Had to hit a dance for my first NFL sack! #blessed #httr #Redskins

A photo posted by Jackson Jeffcoat (@jacksonjeffcoat) on

RELATED LINKS:
Jackson Jeffcoat Dances After First-Career Sack
PHOTO: Redskins Fan Attends First Game

As Redskins players hit the film room together for the first time since defeating the Eagles, the defense couldn’t help but notice linebacker Jackson Jeffcoat’s sack celebration dance.

As we noted yesterday, Jeffcoat followed his first -career NFL sack with a windmill dance.

Some teammates were confused, like Ryan Clark…

“We got to watch them in the meeting today and Jeffcoat did an awful dance. I mean it was all the way hot trash. It was just a dance hopefully born out of excitement and not preparation. I told him it was the worst. And then the thing that he was trying to do was like a 2007 move, something he probably learned when he was in high school. It was awful, man. The play was nice. It was a huge play for us in the game that we actually won, and so that play had a lot to do with it.”

“It’s good to see Jeffcoat get a sack,” said head coach Jay Gruden as well. “He’s got to work on his sack dance, but it was good to see him get a sack.”

After hearing the news — and the jokes — Jeffcoat offered up a defense, or at least an explanation.

“It’s a dance I used to do in middle school” Jeffcoat said. “We used to mess around and do it, a couple guys in my school, so I was like, ‘I’ll bring it back, go ahead and hit it,’ so it was something that I was familiar with. I wasn’t going to do anything but Kerrigan was like ‘Man, hit something! Do something!’ So I got up and did that.”

His moves also drew attention from his family.

“My uncle called me and said ‘What is that? You don’t need to do that again,’” Jeffcoat said. “And my mom and my dad were all like, ‘I see you! Hitting the dance, that was clean!’ and they thought it was cool. So I had both. People said it was cool, some people were like what was that?”

As for this week’s game against Dallas, Jeffcoat says he is pondering a new dance move if he gets the opportunity.

“I guess I’ll have a different dance prepared if I get back there and get a sack,” Jeffcoat said. “That’s the goal, get another sack. I was talking to my dad, so I might do something to make him happy, so we’ll see.”

CHIME IN: What did you think of Jeffcoat’s moves? Let us know below.

Posted in Uncategorized | No Comments »