• Mon., Dec. 05, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fane unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches, and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m./7:30 a.m. daily)

Time: 5:30 p.m.

• Thu., Dec. 15, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Fri., Dec. 16, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

Welcome To Twitter, Akeem Davis!

Posted by Stephen Czarda on November 21, 2014 – 2:56 pm

(AP Image)

(AP Image)

RELATED LINKS:
Akeem Davis On ‘Undrafted’: ‘I’m Thankful For Everything That’s Happened’
Akeem Davis Bio

Akeem “@Da_DREAM47” Davis is officially a member of the Twitterverse.

Originally a college free agent out of the University of Memphis, Davis has made some noise this year for the Washington Redskins, especially on specials teams where he’s leveled a few returners.

His path to a member of the Redskins’ active roster certainly wasn’t easy, as NFL Network has shown on “Undrafted” — a six-part series that airs each Tuesday through Dec. 9, with special advance premieres each week after “Thursday Night Football.”

After giving Davis a follow, learn more about the rookie off the field below:

He started playing football when he was eight-years old.

“I got out there and my dad threw me in the fire and I’ve been burning ever since. In my first game, it was the last play of the game and we were up a touchdown and they threw a bomb on the sideline, and the guy caught it. I was running – I was playing deep safety – and I made the final tackle to win the game.”

His birthday is December 25.

“It’s a funny story. My mother wants to name me Jesus, but she couldn’t name me Jesus so she named me Corinthian which is my first name. It’s a special day for me. I’m a family guy as well, so I like to spend a lot of time with my family on that day and sit back, relax and take in all of the blessings. I get two gifts, so that’s always nice.”

Once his playing days are over, he wants to someday become an athletic director.

“My dream job is to be an athletic director and I just wanted to get an overall education and be able to do the finances and handle the business side. In that field, you’ve got to be able to think critically. You’ve got to be able to understand concepts, you’ve got to be able to understand people in a leadership position of such, and I think that is a good profession to pursue.”

His daughter was born during training camp.

“As rich as our English vocabulary is, I can’t find the words to describe that feeling of her being born.”

Posted in Uncategorized | No Comments »