This little guy is ready to watch the Washington Redskins take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers during the team’s annual Salute to Service game.
There will be quite a lot going on at the stadium before, during and after the Redskins play in front of the faithful that will honor the country’s servicemen and service women.
According to Redskins Public Relations, the team will present a special military challenge coin, designed and created by USAA, for use in the official coin toss. The long-standing tradition among military members of carrying such coins symbolizes unit identity and collective brotherhood, and the coins are often traded or collected among unit members. USAA’s design of the military challenge coin for the Salute to Service game pays homage to that revered tradition.
In addition to the tributes detailed above, the following Salute to Service elements, as well as pregame and in-game ceremonies, are planned to recognize veterans and current members of America’s Armed Forces:
- Salute to Service goal post wraps, pylons with camouflage ribbon decals and wall banners in the back of the end zones.
- Camouflage ribbon lapel pins, towels, players’ gloves, captains’ patches and helmet decals.
- Footballs featuring camouflage ribbons.
- Military guests of USO-Metro and Redskins Salute, the Official Military Appreciation Club of the team will form the fan tunnel for player introductions, as well as participate in the “living flag” ritual, sponsored by USAA.
- Sgt. Vicki Golding of the United States Army will sing the national anthem.
- Kaplan University and the American Freedom Foundation’s Military Family Scholarship Program will award a four-year scholarship to a military family member at halftime.
- The Military Order of the Purple Heart Services Foundation will host a Purple Heart pinning ceremony at halftime.
- Lenovo, the Official PC of the Washington Redskins, and proud technology provider to USO Centers, will make a donation to Redskins Salute, as well as the USO.
Posted in Uncategorized | No Comments »