• Sun., Dec. 11, 2016 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST Live Redskins PreGame Show with Kevin Sheehan and John Riggins Kevin Sheehan gets the action started at 10am with the Official Redskins Radio Pregame Show presented by Koch – three hours of expert analysis, coaches interviews, key matchups, NFC East Game Day Previews, fantasy football updates and more!

Plus, this year Hall of Fame running back John Riggins will join Kevin in the broadcast booth during the final 90 minutes of the show, giving fans unparalleled pregame analysis for every Redskins game right up to kickoff.
  • Sun., Dec. 11, 2016 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM EST Live Postgame Press Conferences Redskins head coach Jay Gruden, quarterback Kirk Cousins and select players address the media following the Redskins vs. Eagles game at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pa.
  • Mon., Dec. 12, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fane unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches, and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m./7:30 a.m. daily)

Time: 5:30 p.m.

• Fri., Dec. 16, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Mon., Dec. 19, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Mon., Dec. 19, 2016 11:30 PM - 11:59 PM EST Live Postgame Press Conferences Redskins head coach Jay Gruden, quarterback Kirk Cousins and select players address the media following the Redskins vs. Panthers game at FedExField in Landover, Md.
  • Tue., Dec. 20, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

Darryl Grant: ‘The Big Thing Was That I Caught The Ball’

Posted by Stephen Czarda on October 24, 2014 – 12:31 pm

(AP Image)

(AP Image)

RELATED LINKS:
Remembering Sean Taylor’s Blocked Field Goal Return Vs. Dallas
Looking Back At Great Mark Rypien Performances Vs. Dallas

Darryl Grant scored only one touchdown during his NFL career, but his score was about as important as it can possibly get.

During the NFC Championship Game between the Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys on Jan. 22, 1983, at RFK Stadium, the Redskins were ahead by seven with the clock ticking down late in the fourth quarter.

The Cowboys, however, had the ball on their own 20-yard line, hoping to orchestrate a long drive that would end with points on the board.

That never happened.

Grant would intercept the ball on the first play of the drive, returning it for a touchdown.

“It was just a regular 4-3 defense, just straight up pass rush, and when I hit into my guy as the play began, he didn’t hit me with the force I thought he should’ve and I got clear of him,” Grant told Larry Michael, Voice of the Redskins. “If you look at the film from the endzone, I break free. I was like the first person to beat my guy and I was like ‘Wait a minute, that was too easy.’

“And so I started easing up and Dexter [Manley], who didn’t, his ears were down no matter what. He didn’t read anything and he just went straight for the quarterback.

“And when I saw the guy start to float out, I said ‘well let me get in the middle of this screen’ – which is my assignment anyway – and once I started to move toward to get into the screen to tackle the back before he could get up field, Dexter tipped the ball. I looked up and saw the ball just wafting in the air. I got underneath it, grabbed it, Dorsett tried to tackle me, one of the other linemen tried to tackle me, but that day I wasn’t going to be denied on that run.”

Below is more video from the play:

Posted in Uncategorized | No Comments »