• Mon., Sep. 26, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fane unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches, and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m./7:30 a.m. daily)

Time: 5:30 p.m.

• Thu., Oct. 06, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Fri., Oct. 07, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

E.J. Biggers, DeSean Jackson Wear Special Cleats Dedicated To Breast Cancer Awarness

Posted by Stephen Czarda on October 7, 2014 – 2:30 pm

DSC_2432

Washington Redskins cornerback E.J. Biggers wore special cleats during Monday night’s game against the Seattle Seahawks, bearing the names of two people dear to him that have been impact by breast cancer.

The first was for Vee – his godmother who passed away from breast cancer – while the second was for Mrs. Rammings, a grandmotherly figure to Biggers who has battled breast cancer for more than six years.

Ever since 2010 – his second season in the NFL – Biggers has taken the opportunity to carries their names with him during a Breast Cancer Awareness Game.

“Every year I give away my cleats after the game, or after the end of the month,” he said. “I give them a pair, I sign them, give it to them and this year it was just doing something different.

“It’s for them.”

Vee, who Biggers said was a big supporter of him, passed away in 2012.

“She passed away in the offseason from breast cancer and it was something that I wanted to do for her,” he said.  “She used to come to my games, and she was always there for me whenever.”

Mrs. Rammings, meanwhile, became “like a grandmother” to Biggers after his biological grandmother passed away from breast cancer.

“Her and my grandmother were really tight to me ever since the ninth grade and I found out her and my grandmother were really good friends,” he said. “My grandmother died when I was a senior in college and ever since then, she took over that role for me.

“She does anything and everything for me, my little brother, my mom — the rest of my family. So it was just something for them, to dedicate and do something special for them for all the things they’ve done for me.”

Also wearing special cleats during the team’s annual Breast Cancer Awarness game was wide receiver DeSean Jackson, as seen below:

Capture