• Mon., Nov. 24, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Tue., Nov. 25, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Wed., Nov. 26, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Thu., Nov. 27, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Fri., Nov. 28, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Sun., Nov. 30, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Larry Michael LIVE from Lucas Oil Stadium before the Redskins vs. Colts game on Sunday, November 30, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 30, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Colts game at Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday, November 30, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 30, 2014 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM EST Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. Colts game at Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday, November 30, 2014.
  • Mon., Dec. 01, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Tue., Dec. 02, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Rookies On Being Redskins, Initial Impressions

Posted by Stephen Czarda on May 17, 2014 – 12:17 pm

redskins_draft_picks_2014_660x350

Day Two of the Washington Redskins’ 2014 rookie minicamp featured seven-on-seven action, individual drills with instruction from an experience coaching staff and media at the facility, eager to see how the newest members of the burgundy and gold look one week after the NFL Draft.

As they continue to get acclimated to life as professional football players, here’s just some of what the 2014 draft class had to say:

Spencer Long on the weekend’s practices:

“It’s great, that’s what you came here to do is play football. It was great to get out there and start playing ball, I love playing football, that’s why I’m here.”

Zach Hocker on the first day of rookie minicamp:

“It was awesome. I was sitting around with some of the guys today at practice, looking around at each other like man this is the NFL. You know, it’s junior high, it’s high school, four years of college, and finally you’re reaching the point that you reached hard for. It’s definitely a plus to be here.”

Ryan Grant on being with the Redskins and want he wants to accomplish early:

“The process as far as getting drafted is overwhelming, but I’m glad to be here with the Redskins, you know, it’s a great organization and I just want to contribute, play my role and try to make the roster.”

Ted Bolser on his first week with the Redskins:

“It’s been amazing. I’m very lucky to be in the position that I am. You know it happened real fast and I couldn’t be happier where I ended up.I’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time and I’m so excited and amped. I had to get the butterflies out first, but once I did it all just felt smooth.”

Bashuad Breeland on what he brings to the table:

“I feel like they brought me in because I’m a versatile guy. I can help them in the secondary at multiple positions not only at corner, I’ve been a stud at special teams at Clemson University so I can come and bring the same things at Clemson here. I can help on the defense and on special teams.”

Tags: , , , ,