• Sat., Dec. 20, 2014 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Lou Holder LIVE from FedExField before the Redskins vs. Eagles kickoff on Saturday, December 20, 2014.
  • Sat., Dec. 20, 2014 6:00 PM - 6:15 PM EST Live Microsoft Halftime Update Redskins halftime update hosted by Rick "Doc" Walker and Lou Holder LIVE from FedExField during the Redskins vs.Eagles game on December 20, 2014.

• Sat., Dec. 20, 2014 8:00 PM - 8:30 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Eagles game at FedExField on Saturday, December 20, 2014.
  • Sat., Dec. 20, 2014 8:30 PM - 9:00 PM EST Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. Eagles game at FedExField on Saturday, December 20, 2014.
  • Mon., Dec. 22, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Tue., Dec. 23, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Wed., Dec. 24, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Thu., Dec. 25, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Fri., Dec. 26, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Sun., Dec. 28, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Lou Holder LIVE from FedExField before the Redskins vs. Cowboys kickoff on Sunday, December 28, 2014.

M. Shanahan Discuss QBs, Relationships

Posted by Stephen Czarda on December 9, 2013 – 3:29 pm

(AP Image)

(AP Image)

The frustration from season-long inefficacy is no more apparent then the venomous headlines of various local publications’ websites and the tweets from reporters who spend their days living for Redskins news—both good and bad.

Of course the bad has outweighed the good in the media world recently, leading to what was a jam-packed Redskins Park this afternoon in anticipation of Washington Redskins head coach Mike Shanahan’s press conference and a peek into his future.

After a near 24 hour wait that encapsulated the DMV’s thoughts, Shanahan took the podium at the three o’clock hour.

Here’s video of his press conference along with a live tweet summary courtesy the Redskins Official Twitter (@Redskins):

Tags: ,

9 Responses to “M. Shanahan Discuss QBs, Relationships”

1. By Aaron Matthews on Dec 9, 2013 | Reply

Why is it a surprise to anyone who is a nfl fan. Redskins need to forge ahead first by dropping both shannahans from the roster then interview lovie smith
    JON GRUDEN or jack del rio three good coaches Gruden will unretire to coach redskins

2. By Robyn Stultz on Dec 9, 2013 | Reply

I have been a Redskins Fan since the 1970’s. Regarding Robert Griffin III, I have never seen a Player that has glorified himself, been self serving and appears to be all about me. I have waited patiently all year for the “second coming of RGIII” and here it is December and he is still making excuses for his poor performances each week.

I am tired of the standout one sleeve, look at me attire that Robert Griffin III wears each week. If I had a Member of my TEAM not wanting to wear the TEAM Uniform and present him/herself like the other TEAM Members, they would not be playing on my TEAM! I saw the “self glorification” in August, and I was concerned about the anomosity it would cause amongst the TEAM Players and Coaches of the Washington Redskins! Here it is. Now I totally understnad why there is no sense of TEAM work on the Playing Field. If I am seeing it, thousands of others are too!

There are no places for distractions and “I’s” in TEAM Sports.

The TEAM of the Washington Redskins is not the “Robert Griffin III and the Washington Redskins”. TEAMS are not and should not be built around ONE Player, as there are 52 other Members that make up this TEAM!

3. By Robyn Stultz on Dec 9, 2013 | Reply

I totally understand why passes are not being caught and blocks are not being made. I Get It Now.

4. By virgil twigg on Dec 9, 2013 | Reply

My first impression of Robert Griffin 3rd was that of a spoiled kid. That impression has been magnified and repeated many times since. Some people refer to him as RG me…

It took less than a year for the NFL to defense his unorthadox talents.

If He can’t be coached/taught to be a genleman and a team player the redskin management should drop him like a load of bricks.

5. By Johnston Buell on Dec 10, 2013 | Reply

Fire Shanahan! Hire GUS MALZAHN FROM AUBURN!!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

6. By 172flyer on Dec 10, 2013 | Reply

R. Griffin is one of those guys that believes his press releases. Maybe his offensive line could do better, but because of him they don’t. He is too slow reading defenses and I think that makes him slow in his decisions. By then, the opposing defensive end/tackle/guard has him on his back.
    Kirk Cousins is a more conventional qb. and reads defense better. He should have an honest chance to see if this team can win a game or two.

7. By Robyn Stultz on Dec 10, 2013 | Reply

The Washington Redskins TEAM does not need another “College Coach”. The last “College Coach” won one game and had a losing season. There needs to be 53 TEAM Players, not 1 Player and 52. As a loyal TEAM Fan, if I feel like that, thousands of others must too!

8. By Orange County Fl Bailbonds on Dec 13, 2013 | Reply

They don’t need other coach for their team

9. By Scott Chatten on Dec 13, 2013 | Reply

Dear Mr. Snyder, my first memory of watching a Superbowl was when I was 13 years old rooting for the 82 Redskins against the Dolphins. I have been a fan ever since. I grew up and still live in Southern California. Never been to RFK or FedEx field but still a dedicated Redskins fan. I appreciate that you grew up a Redskins fan as well but you also decided to be an owner of the Redskins as well. As a diehard Redskins fan and I have watched and studied a lot of football but I don’t pretend to know more than those that are professionals running NFL teams. Growing up in Southern California, I have always made fun of the Raiders fan because that franchise has been such a joke for 20+ years. Now you have managed to turn the Redskins into that joke of a franchise. After 30 + years as a Redskins fan, I am ready to pack up my jerseys, helmets, bar stools, rug, memorabilia, and everything else I own displaying the Redskins logo and adopting a new team. Just fire Shanahan already – this man has no integrity. Stop taking lessons from Jerry Jones on how to be a successful owner – the Cowboys franchise is another joke. Take lessons from Robert Kraft who also was a fan of his team but knows how to be an owner and leaves the football business to football people. He turned a terrible franchise into one of the best as much as I can’t stand that team – they are still successful. The Redskins went from a team that went to the Superbowl 4 times in 10 years to the one of the worst franchises in sports.