• Fri., Oct. 31, 2014 12:30 PM - 12:45 PM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks to media at Redskins Park in Loudoun County, Va. on Friday, October 31, 2014.
  • Fri., Oct. 31, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Sun., Nov. 02, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Larry Michael LIVE from TCF Bank Stadium before the Redskins vs. Vikings game on Sunday, November 2, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 02, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Vikings game at TCF Bank Stadium on Sunday, November 2, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 02, 2014 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM EST Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. Vikings game at TCF Bank Stadium on Sunday, November 2, 2014.
  • Mon., Nov. 03, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Tue., Nov. 04, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Wed., Nov. 05, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Thu., Nov. 06, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Fri., Nov. 07, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Chris Cooley’s Sunday In Philadelphia

Posted by Stephen Czarda on November 19, 2013 – 4:25 pm

(AP Image)

(AP Image)

Redskins Broadcast Network/ESPN 980 personality Chris Cooley didn’t take the team flight up to Philadelphia this weekend and it nearly forced him to heed the assistance of Eagles fans.

Rushing up to the Linc hours before the start of the game, Cooley entered the stadium in a blur, hurrying to get some last-minute prep in before the Redskins’ third divisional game of the season.

When he came back out of the stadium shortly after the conclusion of the game Cooley noticed his car lights were still on.

Uh-oh!

Cooley explained the situation on Monday.

“I drove to Philadelphia by myself. I didn’t go with the team. Lone wolf. Left at 8 o’clock, made it to Philly, parked at 11:30—I had to stop at Redskins Park, car ran the whole time but I stopped at the Park—went into the game, 4:30 came back out, walked through the parking lot with all of these Eagles fans just losing their minds [saying] ‘This is the best, most important Eagles game I’ve seen in a long time and we won. Yay, yay, yay.’ I look over [at his car] and I think ‘Why are my lights on?’ I was like ‘Ahh I’m going to have to ask an Eagles fan for a jump’ and I get closer and the car is just running. I left the car running the entire game! Doors locked. I didn’t push the button. My car doesn’t have to have keys in the car to run.”

Oh but this isn’t the first time this has happened to the retired NFLer.

“I did it the week before. I went to the post office, got back in my car and I’m driving away the car says no keys. I had left the keys in the post office. I had to go back and get them.”

As for getting home—no need to worry. Cooley got back to the DMV safely.

“Anyways, I get right in the car [and] take off. Drive home no stops.”

Tags: