• Thu., Dec. 18, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks to media after practice at Redskins Park in Loudoun County, Va. on Thursday, December 18, 2014.

• Thu., Dec. 18, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Fri., Dec. 19, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Sat., Dec. 20, 2014 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Lou Holder LIVE from FedExField before the Redskins vs. Eagles kickoff on Saturday, December 20, 2014.
  • Sat., Dec. 20, 2014 6:00 PM - 6:15 PM EST Live Microsoft Halftime Update Redskins halftime update hosted by Rick "Doc" Walker and Lou Holder LIVE from FedExField during the Redskins vs.Eagles game on December 20, 2014.

• Sat., Dec. 20, 2014 8:00 PM - 8:30 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Eagles game at FedExField on Saturday, December 20, 2014.
  • Sat., Dec. 20, 2014 8:30 PM - 9:00 PM EST Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. Eagles game at FedExField on Saturday, December 20, 2014.
  • Mon., Dec. 22, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Tue., Dec. 23, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Wed., Dec. 24, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Santana Moss’ Son Encountered One Nice Fan In Philadelphia

Posted by Gabe Hiatt on November 14, 2013 – 7:00 am

(AP)

(AP)

Don’t be deceived. Even the nicest looking fans in Philadelphia are merciless, throaty critics who indiscriminately spew a stream of invective at even the most innocent offender. At least that’s the stereotype.

Those Philadelphians (Philadelphites? Philadelphonics?) picked a fight with Clinton Portis’ mom.

They forced one of their own to plead for an end to the booing.

They booed my grandma for taking too long to write a $2.00 check for milk at the checkout counter. Okay that last one didn’t happen, but you see where I’m going with this.

Eagles fans are tough to please. They can be  intimidating for visiting fans. But according to Santana Moss, there’s at least one good guy at Lincoln Financial Field.

“My first game that I let my parents come to an away game was in Philly back in ’05, and my son was there,” Moss said. “At the time he probably was 5 years old. I heard the story when I got home – then we beat Philly that night.

“This guy yells, ‘Redskins suck!’ and my 5-year-old says, ‘No, the Eagles suck!’ And the guy was like, ‘Man, you know what? I’m going to let that slide because I like your dad.’

“The whole area died laughing. I was like, man, my 5-year-old could have got my mom and my folks in some trouble that game. But the guy — I’m glad whoever that guy was, he respected my family and respected my son enough to give him that credit. But I know most Philly fans ain’t that easy with opposing team fans.”

Moss said although he doesn’t like being insulted during the game, he respects the effort by the heels of the NFC East.

“I don’t know who’s worse, Philly or New York,” Moss said. “They both have fans that really come to the game to make sure that you know they’re at the game. To me I think that’s great fans. You want to make sure that the opposing team doesn’t like you.”

Defensive end Kedric Golston has spent all eight years of his pro career in Washington. He said he’s seen Philadelphia fans throw eggs at the team bus.

“It’s a hostile environment to play in,” Golston said. “They don’t know what Southern Hospitality is.”

The hate doesn’t bother him.

“You want to play in environments like that,” he said. “Whether they’re booing you or screaming your name, it’s all an adrenaline rush.”

Also worth noting for you cat owners. No matter how venomous the denizens of Philadelphia may appear on Sundays, we owe them our gratitude for bringing us one of the most vital inventions in the history of animal care.

God Bless Philadelphia.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

2 Responses to “Santana Moss’ Son Encountered One Nice Fan In Philadelphia”

1. By 49ers vs. Seahawks live stream on Dec 5, 2013 | Reply

My spouse and I stumbled over here different web page
    and thought I might check things out. I like what I see so i
    am just following you. Look forward to exploring your
    web page again.

1. 1 Trackback(s)

2. Nov 17, 2013: The Redskins Blog | Weather Report: Precipitation Free In Philly