Welcome to your weekly Redskins Social Media Spotlight, where we highlight the trendy topics and social media campaigns going on this week in Redskins Nation. Check it out and make suggestions below.
The Baltimore Ravens defeated the San Francisco 49ers 34-31 last night in Super Bowl XLVII. If you predicted that a Harbaugh would win the Super Bowl, well then you would be correct. This time around it was John Harbaugh riding off into the proverbial sunset with LB Ray Lewis guiding the chariot.
There is a lot to talk about and a lot to take away from yesterday’s game, including 65 combined points, a power outage and a fourth quarter goal line stand preventing yet another fourth quarter comeback in a Super Bowl. In fact, the 31 points scored by the 49ers were the most-ever by a team in a losing effort.
However, that’s not our job to breakdown and analyze how or why the Ravens were victorious.
Unlike the lights in the Superdome, this week’s Social Media Spotlight shines on Redskins rookie QB Robert Griffin III, RB Alfred Morris, and LB London Fletcher all whom took to Twitter from the Big Easy.
In case you’ve been living under a rock over the past few days, Robert Griffin III was named NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. The well-deserving quarterback undeniably had an incredible rookie campaign and received an outpouring of support from fans, teammates, and colleagues around the league following the announcement.
Here’s the quarterback’s response after receiving the award.
You can follow Griffin III on Twitter @RGIII.
Voice of the Redskins Larry Michael caught up with the rookie quarterback following the awards show for an update on No. 10s injury as well as on his recovery process to date. Check out Griffin III’s message for Redskins fans:
We could go on and on about Griffin III and his impressive accomplishments but let’s take a step back to introduce the Redskins on Twitter Vine. Check out RB Alfred Morris in a state of shock when he finds out that there are no more lemons at the FedEx Lemonade stand down in New Orleans.
Stay tuned as we’ll continue to bring you unique and exclusive video coverage from Redskins Park and various locations throughout the offseason.
After lending a helping hand at the FedEx lemonade stand, Morris took some time to enjoy the sights and sounds of Super Bowl XLVII with his cousin and two best friends.
Next up, here’s a picture of LB London Fletcher on set as he joined CBS earlier this week to try his hand as NFL Analyst (More to come on this story). The veteran linebacker also caught up with teammate Robert Griffin III to congratulate him on winning NFL Rookie of the Year!
As promised Redskins.com’s Brian Tinsman was on sight in New Orleans bringing Redskins fans exclusive burgundy and gold coverage from the big game. As always, he didn’t disappoint. Check it out!
Last but not least Redskins fans, thanks for voting for NFL Rookie of the Year. The fan vote was a big part of the process and you all pulled together to help bring the award back to the DMV! Hail to the Redskins!
What’s on tap this week in social media?
– The results are in for ‘Best Touchdown Celebration of 2012’ and YOU voted Alfred Morris’s Home Run swing for little leaguers!
- Redskins Pin It to Win It Valentine’s Day – You can win a LB Ryan Kerrigan Autographed jersey and more by entering the Redskins Pin It to Win It Valentine’s Day Sweepstakes. All you have to do is pin your favorite Valentine’s Day Gift from the Redskins Team Store and you could win the Kerrigan Autographed Jersey, plus the Team Store item that you pinned! Submit your official entry on the Redskins Facebook page here: http://redsk.in/U9nwuM. Winner will be announced February 14th.
- Redskins +1 for Someone Special – If you do not already have a Google+ account, we would suggest signing up for one. If you already have one then this is your lucky day! The Redskins +1 for Someone Special Valentine’s Day Sweepstakes is off and running. Simply share with us your favorite Redskins moment you shared with someone special and you could win a Redskins Valentine’s Day gift basket, including an autographed Robert Griffin III football.
Here’s how you can get involved:
– Facebook – www.facebook.com/redskins
– Twitter – www.twitter.com/redskins
– Google+ – www.google.com/+washingtonredskins
– Foursquare – www.foursquare.com/redskins
– Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/redskinsdotcom
– Instagram – http://instagram.com/redskins
– reddit – http://www.reddit.com/user/redskinsdotcom
Tags: Alfred Morris, london fletcher, NFL, RGIII, Robert Griffin III, social media, washington redskins
Posted in Uncategorized | No Comments »