The 2013 Pro Bowl consisting of the AFC and NFC’s best will take place Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013 at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu. Representing the Redskins this year are LB London Fletcher, LB Ryan Kerrigan, LB Lorenzo Alexander, OT Trent Williams and QB Robert Griffin III.
Griffin III did not make the trip, staying in Florida to begin his rehab process. However, the remaining players are already in the central Pacific enjoying some well-deserved relaxation time with family and friends and are sharing their adventures on the island across their various social media accounts.
Here’s a look at their time in Hawaii thus far:
LB Lorenzo Alexander (Follow him on Twitter @onemangang97). If you want more Alexander, Redskins.com writer, Brian Tinsman, caught up with the veteran linebacker as he prepared for his first trip to the Pro Bowl.
LB Ryan Kerrigan (Follow him on Twitter @RyanKerrigan91)
…or how about in front of the Washington Monument!
The fact remains that if you asked the players participating, they probably would tell you that they would much rather be preparing for a bigger game to be played on Sunday, February 3 in New Orleans. Nonetheless, your Redskins Pro Bowlers appear to be making the most out of the experience. From Redskins Nation, congrats and Aloha!
Additional noteworthy stats:
– The Redskins have five Pro Bowl selections for the first time since 1996.
(Rookie running back sensation Alfred Morris would have made it six selections had he been selected as an alternate after turning in a 1,600-plus yard campaign. Unfortunately for him, Tampa Bay RB Doug Martin was selected over the rookie 6th round gem to replace San Francisco running back Frank Gore. But that’s neither here nor there)
– Fletcher is the first Redskins defensive player to make 4-straight Pro Bowls since LB Ken Harvey (1994-97) and the first Redskins player to do so since OT Chris Samuels (2005-08).
– The Redskins have had at least two linebackers selected to the Pro Bowl in three of the last four seasons (2012: Lorenzo Alexander [special teams], Fletcher, Kerrigan; 2010: Fletcher and Brian Orakpo; 2009: Fletcher and Orakpo).
– The team has had at least one Pro Bowl player for 19 straight seasons.
– Executive Vice President/Head Coach Mike Shanahan has now coached players responsible for 75 Pro Bowl selections during his tenure as a NFL head coach.
And here’s your guide to following YOUR 2013 Redskins Pro Bowlers every step of the way:
– Facebook – www.facebook.com/redskins
– Twitter – www.twitter.com/redskins
– Google+ – www.google.com/+washingtonredskins
– Foursquare – www.foursquare.com/redskins
– Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/redskinsdotcom
– Instagram – http://instagram.com/redskins
– reddit – http://www.reddit.com/user/redskinsdotcom
Tags: Hawaii, linebackers, london fletcher, Lorenzo Alexander, NFL, Pro Bowl, RGIII, Robert Griffin III, ryan kerrigan, social media, trent williams, washington redskins
Posted in Uncategorized | No Comments »