Welcome to your weekly Redskins Social Media Spotlight, where we highlight the trendy topics and social media campaigns going on this week in Redskins Nation. Check it out and make suggestions below.
LT Trent Williams (@TrentW71) demonstrated growth and maturity in 2012 after dealing with some off-the-field issues in 2011. He was able to overcome adversity and bounce back this year to separate himself as one of the premier tackles in the game.
The coaching staff entrusted him with the all-important task of protecting QB Robert Griffin III’s blindside, ultimately leading to a Pro Bowl selection for his outstanding play.
Last Friday, No. 71 sat down to participate in a Twitter Takeover of the @Redskins Twitter account and answered fan questions. In case you missed it, here’s how it went:
Over the course of last week, there were a few awards and accolades handed out around the league with many more to come this week and next week. But let’s take a moment to congratulate the Redskins players who have been honored for their outstanding performances this year as well as take a look at their reactions and how their teammate’s reacted after hearing the news.
QB Robert Griffin III (@RGIII) was named Pro Football Weekly / Pro Football Writers of America’s 2012 NFL Rookie of the Year.
LB London Fletcher and LB Ryan Kerrigan were selected as alternates in this year’s Pro Bowl.
London Fletcher (@LFletcher59) January 20, 2013
Calling out to Redskins Nation! Players need your vote this week as many of the league’s top awards for 2012 are on the line and could be decided by fan voting. Below you can find the awards, the nominees, and how to cast YOUR vote:
-NFL Ground Player of the Year: RB Alfred Morris. Vote at http://redsk.in/10cOMLs.
-NFL’s Never Say Never Moment of the Year: QB Kirk Cousins. Vote at http://redsk.in/UI9xMH.
-NFL’s 2012 ‘Top Value Performer’: RB Alfred Morris. Vote at http://redsk.in/WasHGE.
-NFL Rookie of the Year: QB Robert Griffin III and RB Alfred Morris.
- Cast your official vote for NFL Rookie of the Year at www.nfl.com/rookies.
- Participate in our social vote to beat the Colts, Buccaneers, and Seahawks here: http://redsk.in/13LZaZI.
What’s on tap this week in social media?
- Redskins.com writer, Brian Tinsman, caught up with Pro Bowl LB Lorenzo Alexander last week at his house before his departure to Hawaii. So keep your eye out for how that visit went. It’s exciting stuff!
- As mentioned earlier, be sure to show your support for Griffin III and Morris in our social vote on Twitter for NFL Rookie of the Year. This is a competition with the Colts, Buccaneers, and Seahawks, so be sure to vote early and vote often to keep bragging rights in the NFL.
Here’s how you can get involved across the board:
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/redskins
- Twitter – www.twitter.com/redskins
- Google+ – www.google.com/+washingtonredskins
- Foursquare – www.foursquare.com/redskins
- Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/redskinsdotcom
- Instagram – http://instagram.com/redskins
- reddit – http://www.reddit.com/user/redskinsdotcom
Tags: football, NFL, social media, washington redskins
Posted in Uncategorized | No Comments »