The 2012 season will be remembered by the performances of two Pro Bowl-caliber rookies, a NFC East Championship, “sky-is-the-limit” expectations and, ultimately, a first-round exit at home. Success? Maybe. Step in the right direction? Absolutely.
We all know that a winning culture is not built through complacency, yet it is built on desire and a will to win that supersedes any one individual. Laying the groundwork for such success can sometimes be an elusive first step, but everyone can agree that the future is bright with this talented squad.
One thing is for certain after watching the Divisional round playoffs this weekend, the Redskins have a foundation in place to compete for a long time: a strong rookie class, veteran leadership, and let’s not forget the best fans in the NFL. Hey, Rome wasn’t built in a day, right?
The groundwork has been laid and Redskins’ social media is here to bring YOU along for the ride and provide fans everywhere unique opportunities to engage with the team.
Back in August, before rookie running back sensation Alfred Morris even took a regular-season snap in the burgundy and gold, before he took the DMV by storm, and before his Herculean rookie season propelled him to All-Pro status, we took a look into the social media crystal ball and he sat down with a few lucky fans in a Google+ Hangout.
It just goes to show you that any little-known rookie can be the next big thing, and how Redskins social media gave you the first insider access. Check it out:
The Redskins may only take the field on Sundays, but it’s fans like you that drive Redskins Nation throughout the weekdays and offseasons in between. Over the next few months, we’ll help fill the void left by football and give you the ammunition to make it through the week.
In the meantime, let’s take a look back at 2012 and just a few of the different players who took time out of their daily preparations to chat with fans.
What’s on tap this week in social media?
- Be sure to check out the new Washington Redskins Community on Google+. We’ll bring you the latest news and let you carry the discussion from there. This is for Redskins fans ONLY, so tell the Cowboys fans to enjoy yet another season of second place.
- We’ll be launching a vote on Twitter for NFL Rookie of the Year this week. The Colts, Buccaneers, and Seahawks are in on this, so keep your eye out and be sure to vote early and vote often to keep bragging rights in the NFL.
Here’s how you can get involved across the board:
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/redskins
- Twitter – www.twitter.com/redskins
- Google+ – www.google.com/+washingtonredskins
- Foursquare – www.foursquare.com/redskins
- Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/redskinsdotcom
- Instagram – http://instagram.com/redskins
- reddit – http://www.reddit.com/user/redskinsdotcom
Tags: football, Google+, reddit, redskins, social media, washington redskins
Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment »