It’s time to take a look at your psychic skills for last Sunday’s Redskins-Seahawks game, as well as which player was picked by Redskins fans at the Most Valuable Player of the game.
The Redskins’ season ended with a 24-14 loss to the Seahawks in the NFC Wild Card round game at FedExField. Several Redskins players had great performances, but let’s first look at who you predicted would have a breakout performance against Seattle:
Morris finished the game with 16 carries for 80 yards — which equates to an impressive five-yards-per-carry average.
Griffin III, meanwhile, completed 10-0f-19 passes for 84 yards and two touchdowns before leaving the game in the fourth quarter with a knee injury. He also ran five times for 21 yards.
Let’s see how the other candidates played last Sunday:
- WR Santana Moss: three catches for 19 yards. He was a key target for Griffin III on third down.
- MLB London Fletcher: A game best 15 tackles with a half-sack and a pass defensed. The NFC’s Defensive Player of the Month for December finished his season on yet another high note.
- OLB Rob Jackson: Seven tackles. A magnet for big plays throughout the second half of the season, Jackson narrowly missed a couple against the Seahawks.
- CB Josh Wilson: Five tackles, one sack, two quarterback hits, one special teams tackle. Wilson was everywhere, and, thanks to defensive coordinator Jim Haslett’s blitzes, he was a nuisance in the backfield, as well.
Now, here’s how the MVR(edskin) vote ended up panning out:
- Morris: (See stats above)
- S Reed Doughty: 12 tackles, two sacks, one pass defensed. Simply one of the best games in this veteran’s career.
- NT Barry Cofield: His forced fumble at the goal line on Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch gave the Redskins a key stop — and the ball back.
- Fletcher: (See stats above)
Thanks so much for your participation in the polls this entire season.
Tags: MVR(edskin), polls, washington redskins
Posted in Uncategorized | 4 Comments »