When everything was on the line, the Washington Redskins turned to their young leader to guide them to their first NFC East title since 1999.
Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III orchestrated that performance last Sunday in Washington’s 28-18 victory over the Dallas Cowboys, a win-or-go-home matchup that led to Sunday’s Wild Card Round playoff game against the Seattle Seahawks at FedExField.
Griffin III was mic’d up for this critical NFC East championship game for NFL Films and the league’s show, “Sound FX,” much like middle linebacker London Fletcher was in this year’s Monday Night Football game vs. the New York Giants.
The Griffin III video is below; but first, here’s some of my personal favorites from the quarterback in this game:
- In a pregame speech to the team, Griffin III says: “This is our house! It’s our night, and it’s our division! It’s our job to go win it! This is it — put it all on the line! We’re going to start finish and finish strong. Here we go — work on three. One, two, three, work!”
- After getting the offense going in the first half, Griffin III tells left tackle Trent Williams: “Run the thing down their throat. Make them quit.”
- After Rob Jackson‘s fourth-quarter interception: “Finish it right now, baby. Like we said, second half is ours. We’re making it ours. Let’s finish it off. … Oh, y’all want the play? OK.”
- After the game, he tells running back Alfred Morris, “Hey, you’re my Terrell Davis, baby.” He also says, while looking in the crowd, “Hey, look at that, man. Ain’t been since ’99. We came here and did it in one year. Feel me?”
- Griffin III also runs over to Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo. Click here for more about that exchange.
Here’s the full Robert Griffin III mic’d up video from “Sound FX:”
Tags: dallas cowboys, mic'd up, Robert Griffin III, Sound FX, washington redskins
Posted in Uncategorized | 12 Comments »