• Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks to media following practice at Redskins Park in Loudoun County, Va. on Tuesday, September 23, 2014.
  • Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Wed., Sep. 24, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Thu., Sep. 25, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Thu., Sep. 25, 2014 6:55 PM - 7:15 PM EDT Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Lou Holder LIVE from FedExField before the Redskins vs. Giants kickoff on Thursday, September 25, 2014.
  • Thu., Sep. 25, 2014 11:45 PM - 11:59 PM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Giants game at FedExField on Thursday, September 25, 2014.
  • Fri., Sep. 26, 2014 12:00 AM - 12:15 AM EDT Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. Giants game at FedExField on Thursday, September 25, 2014.
  • Fri., Sep. 26, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Sep. 29, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Tue., Sep. 30, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

Kirk Cousins Apologizes For New Haircut

Posted by Andrew Walker on December 19, 2012 – 3:17 pm

Cousins

Kirk Cousins‘ week got off to a tremendous start.

On Sunday, in his first-career start, the rookie quarterback led the Redskins to their 38-21 win over the Cleveland Browns, as Cousins threw for more than 300 yards, completed more than 70 percent of his passes, had two touchdowns and a quarterback rating better than 100.

After the game, Cousins received a text message from one of his idols, retired NFL quarterback Kurt Warner.

On Monday, Cousins decided to get a haircut — or, as I like to say, he decided to get several hairs cut — so he headed to a local barber shop with that in mind.

That’s, apparently, where Cousins’ good fortunes ended.

Sporting a new buzz cut while addressing the media Wednesday afternoon after practice, Cousins explained that it wasn’t quite the look he was hoping for.

“The lady who cut my hair wasn’t speaking English all that clearly. There was a communication breakdown,” Cousins explained. “She basically gave me a mohawk.”

Cousins said he had taken his glasses off during the haircut and was shocked at the result when his vision came back to him.

“She took [the glasses] off to cut my hair so I couldn’t stop her because I couldn’t see,” Cousins said as the media erupted in laughter. “She wheels me back around, I look at the mirror and I realized I had a mohawk. So I tell her, ‘Just shave it off.'”

Cousins said he’ll have to live with the look for at least another couple weeks.

“I have to apologize to my family and friends back home,” Cousins announced. “I think I’m embarrassing them. I try to represent them well. My haircut’s not doing it.”

Perhaps Redskins fans can help Cousins recover from this tragedy by voting him as the NFL’s Rookie of the Week and its “Never Say Die” Moment of the Week. Click here for details.

Here’s video of Cousins talking about the mishap:

Tags: , ,

8 Responses to “Kirk Cousins Apologizes For New Haircut”

1. By Angie Kline on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

This grandma likes the haircut.

2. By Sabrina on Dec 19, 2012 | Reply

Kirk next time you need a good haircut come see me at Julians hair designers Dunkirk md your first cut is on me!

3. By Derrick Smith on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Kirk, no worries! Believe me I wear the same cut. You sport it well and think of all the advantages, no hat/helmet head, a bar of soap will due, we don’t need no stinkin’ comb over, hand wipe dry! Keep up the great job! Proud to have you in the club!

4. By adam mcdonald on Dec 20, 2012 | Reply

Looking good Kirk. I’ve been sporting that look since starting to lose my hair back when I was 20. I wish i could sport the mohawk!

1. 4 Trackback(s)