WARNING: Don’t read this post or watch the video below unless you want to like London Fletcher even more.
You want intensity from your leaders during a critical game down the stretch against the divisional leaders? Redskins veteran middle linebacker London Fletcher defines intensity.
Fletcher was mic’d up for the Monday Night Football matchup against the New York Giants, a game that the Redskins rallied to win 17-16 to move a game back of the NFC East-leaders and reigning Super Bowl champions.
Fletcher — the undisputed emotional leader of the team — was all jacked up, and I’m so glad that he was chosen to be mic’d up for the broadcast and for NFL Films. At 37 years old, his passion and excitement for the game has never wavered.
Below is the video, but here are a few of my favorite snippets (though words don’t do it justice):
- In the defensive huddle at the beginning of the game: “This is an NFC East game, man! We’re talking about a 60-minute fight, baby. From the first play to the last play — let’s dominate, men. Dominate on three: 1-2-3 — dominate!
- Telling Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw “It’s on!” after making a tackle.
- Cheering on Robert Griffin III and the offense on their first touchdown play — a 13-yard fumble recovery by wide receiver Joshua Morgan: “Oh! Oh! Oh! … Touchdown! Touchdown! … Way to be heads up, Josh! Way to be heads up.”
- Telling Giants tight end Martellus Bennett: “Stop pushin’. Stop pushin’. You can’t get off without pushin’!”
- To his defense after the fourth-quarter, go-ahead touchdown to Pierre Garçon: “It’s winning time D — let’s go baby! We need a three-and-out!”
- Before and after first-down conversion to Garçon on the Redskins’ final drive: “Come on! First down! One first down! One first down! … Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Yes sir!”
- Before and after running back Alfred Morris sealed the game with a six-yard run on 3rd and 3 with 1:07 left in the game: “Give me one first down; one more first down. I need one more first down, Rob. I need one more first down! … Got it! Yeah! That’s a grind! That’s a grind Bobby T! That’s how you grind one up! That’s how you grind a play up! That’s how you grind a victory up! Yes sir! Yes sir! Yes sir!”
Tags: london fletcher, mic'd up, monday night football, new york giants, nfl films, washington redskins
Posted in Uncategorized | 13 Comments »