• Fri., Oct. 31, 2014 12:30 PM - 12:45 PM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks to media at Redskins Park in Loudoun County, Va. on Friday, October 31, 2014.
  • Fri., Oct. 31, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Sun., Nov. 02, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Larry Michael LIVE from TCF Bank Stadium before the Redskins vs. Vikings game on Sunday, November 2, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 02, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Vikings game at TCF Bank Stadium on Sunday, November 2, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 02, 2014 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM EST Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. Vikings game at TCF Bank Stadium on Sunday, November 2, 2014.
  • Mon., Nov. 03, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Tue., Nov. 04, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Wed., Nov. 05, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Thu., Nov. 06, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Fri., Nov. 07, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Morris: ‘I Have A Whole Lot Of Heart’

Posted by Andrew Walker on November 29, 2012 – 5:56 pm

By now, we all know what a great find rookie running back Alfred Morris has been for the Washington Redskins.

With 18 yards on Monday night against the New York Giants, he’ll become only the second Redskins rookie to rush for 1,000 yards in a season.

Morris — who is a nominee this week for Pepsi Max NFL Rookie of the Week — was a guest today on the NFL Network’s “Around The League” (see full video below), and was asked about what the casual NFL fan might not know about him.

“I believe in myself,” Morris said. “My work ethic is ridiculous. Me, just as a person, I know what I’m capable of doing. I chose the path less traveled. Not many people could have chose the path to go to [Florida Atlantic] and be able to come into the NFL and do what I’ve done. Nothing I’ve ever gotten on my path was given — I’ve earned everything. And I know how to go out there and earn it, set goals and attain my goals. Just my sheer work ethic and my heart — you can’t measure a man’s heart, and I have a whole lot of heart.”

Morris was also asked if he expected to contribute immediately when he was drafted by the Redskins in April:

“Yes I did, but I just didn’t think my opportunity was going to come as soon as it did,” he said. “I thought maybe around the fifth, sixth game, I was going to get to roll in, maybe get in there and get some snaps and start working my way up the depth chart. If you had asked me would I be the starter at the beginning of the year, if I told you ‘Yeah,’ it would be a lie.”

Morris also talked about fellow rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III and the upcoming Monday Night Football matchup against the Giants.

Here’s the full interview with Morris on the NFL Network’s “Around The League:”

Tags: , , ,

6 Responses to “Morris: ‘I Have A Whole Lot Of Heart’”

1. By Santos perez on Nov 29, 2012 | Reply

Morris ur a great runnin back and I hope u stay with us for a while and and help beat the giants to go to the playoffs HTTR!!!

2. By Joe on Nov 29, 2012 | Reply

Alfred is Beast!!

3. By Jeff on Nov 30, 2012 | Reply

Alfred Morris = BEAST

4. By kjunwolf on Nov 30, 2012 | Reply

#HTTR AL-MO run over the g-girls again

5. By Robyn Stultz on Nov 30, 2012 | Reply

Alfred,

(I hope you read this)

Your words are well spoken. Those who set goals are more apt to achieve them. Your hard work and staying focused have gotten you where you are today. You are truly an asset to the TEAM, and I believe that you will continue to be in the years to come! How fortunate the Redskins are to have a TEAM Player of your caliber and character!

A New York Redskins Fan!

Now go beat those Giants!

1. 1 Trackback(s)

2. Dec 6, 2012: The Redskins Blog | VIDEO: Alfred Morris On ‘NFL AM’