By Friday, Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III could win his fourth Pepsi Max NFL Rookie of the Week award — but it’s going to take another massive effort by Redskins fans to do it.
Griffin III was nominated for his near-perfect (and, by some standards, perfect) execution Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles, a game in which the Redskins won, 31-6. He completed 14-of-15 passes for 200 yards and four touchdowns, while also rushing for a game-best 84 yards.
Griffin III faces some tough competition in this week’s NFL Rookie of the Week voting, so here’s how to vote — and vote often:
- To vote for Griffin III as the “Pepsi Max NFL Rookie Of The Week,” go to www.NFL.com/rookies from today through 3 p.m. (ET) Friday and — you guessed it — select Griffin III.
Griffin III, who has already been voted the NFL Rookie of the Week three times this season (and NFL Rookie of the Month once), is facing off this week against some other outstanding performances:
- Justin Blackmon, Jacksonville Jaguars: The wide receiver caught seven passes for 236 yards and one touchdown in the Jaguars’ 43-37 overtime loss to the Houston Texans.
- Alfonzo Dennard, New England Patriots: The cornerback recorded four tackles as well as intercepting one pass and returning it 87 yards for a score in the Patriots’ 59-24 win over the Indianapolis Colts.
- T.Y. Hilton, Indianapolis Colts: The wide receiver caught six passes for 100 yards and two touchdowns in the Colts’ 59-24 loss to the New England Patriots.
- Doug Martin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The running back gained 138 yards on 24 carries in the Buccaneers’ 27-21 overtime win against the Carolina Panthers.
Blackmon’s numbers jump out the most — but his team lost. Hilton’s team got blown out of the water. Dennard made one play in a blowout win. Martin continues to have a solid rookie season, but he isn’t even the best rookie running back in the league (Alfred Morris).
So there’s plenty reasons to vote Griffin III for Rookie of the Week. Now go get the job done.
Tags: Pepsi Max NFL Rookie Of The Week, Robert Griffin III, washington redskins
Posted in Uncategorized | No Comments »