If you’re in the Washington, D.C., area, open up your Saturday to support one of the best causes around — as well as Redskins legendary head coach Joe Gibbs.
The 27th-annual Youth For Tomorrow Country Fair and Auctions is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. tomorrow at the Youth For Tomorrow Campus on Linton Hall Road in Bristow, Va.
Youth For Tomorrow is a residential youth home and private school for at-risk teenage boys and girls, and it’s been Gibbs’ passion since starting the organization in 1986.
Here’s what’s on tap for tomorrow’s Youth For Tomorrow Country Fair and Auction, which costs just $10 for adults, $5 for children 16 and under, while ages 3 and under are free (no pets, please):
– All entertainment, rides, and activities and parking is covered by your admission fee.
– Food offerings — hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, pizzas, burritos, sodas, ice cream, cotton candy and more — are available at extremely modest cost, thanks to vendors who donate proceeds to the youth home, according to Youth For Tomorrow.
– Gibbs, of course, will be in attendance.
– A new feature this year will be a “Junior Rodeo” and Gymkhana performing competitive horseback riding and games. The rodeo clown will add to the rodeo excitement and keep the crowd cheering as rodeo riders compete in barrel racing and speed events.
– In addition to acres of inflatable, rides, laser tag, displays, demonstrations, pony rides, a petting zoo, and live music and entertainment, three large theme areas are planned with activities focusing on NASCAR, Sports Fitness & Wellness and Frontier Town.
– For those who like a slower pace, antique and classic cars will be on show. Other points of interest will include military and law enforcement displays. Fairgoers can also watch as a chainsaw artist sculpts large logs into a Redskins logo, a soaring eagle and other interesting art forms.
– Continuous live music and entertainment featuring the local bands, “Cactus Jack” and the “Trey Schneider Band,” will add to the excitement, along with “Line Dancing 4 You” performers doing the Boot Scootin’ Boogie.
– The Live Auction, led by John Nicholls and Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, will feature fabulous vacation packages and exciting experiences, jewelry and vehicles among the valuable items that will be auctioned. Sports packages include Super Bowl and NASCAR tickets. The Live Auction will begin at 12:30 p.m.
– Hundreds of items are being donated for the Silent Auction, which will be available from 10 a.m. until table closings at 3 p.m. Categories include: Arts and Entertainment, Kids Corner, Home and Garden, Holiday, Redskins/Sports and Treasures. Some of the highlights include sports memorabilia, sporting event tickets, ski weekends, restaurant certificates, show tickets, paintings and crafts, toys and stuffed animals, items for decorating the home and garden, glassware and other items.
Shuttle parking is available and runs all day. Park and ride right to the door from two locations:
– Manassas Assembly of God Church on Virginia 28 (Nokesville Road)
– Grace Life Community Church at 9560 Linton Hall Rd., across from Linton Hall School
For more information on the Youth For Tomorrow County Fair and Auction, click here.
Tags: Joe Gibbs, washington redskins, youth for tomorrow, Youth For Tomorrow Country Fair
Posted in Uncategorized | 2 Comments »