We were running all around the Washington, D.C., area yesterday — and you found us.
Our #Redskins80th Trivia Challenge — one of the many aspects of our “Back to Football” week celebrations — was certainly a success.
For those of you who didn’t participate, you really missed out.
My colleagues Chris and David and myself were spread out across the D.C. area and using the Redskins’ Twitter account to post Redskins 80th Anniversary trivia questions. Once the trivia questions were out there, we posted where we were located around D.C., and those who could successfully find us and answer the trivia question won some Redskins swag.
Some of our winners are included above, and are (clockwise from upper-left): David, Emily, Dawayne, *Mr. No Name, Oscar and Chantelle.
(*This winner remains nameless because he had to immediately attend to an illegally-parked vehicle. Now that’s dedication.)
Here were our locations on Wednesday:
- The Subway restaurant at 1714 L Street Northwest in Washington, D.C. (this location is about two blocks from the previous Washington Redskins headquarters at 1835 K Street Northwest)
- The Rosslyn Metro stop on Moore Street in Arlington, Va.
- The Redskins Hall of Fame Store at FedExField in Landover, Md.
- The Ben’s Chili Bowl at 1213 U Street Northwest in Washington, D.C.
- The Greene Turtle at 900 N. Glebe Road in Arlington, Va.
And these were our trivia questions (with answers):
- Who was the first Redskins player to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame? (Sammy Baugh)
- Who was the first Redskins player to rush for more than 1,000 yards in three consecutive seasons? (Stephen Davis)
- What was the original city and name of the Washington Redskins franchise? (Boston Braves)
- Which Redskins player is the franchise’s all-time leader in points scored? (Mark Moseley)
- What Redskins receiver was nicknamed “Sweet Pea?” (Roy Jefferson)
Be sure to follow the Redskins on Twitter for future opportunities like this. We probably don’t even mind if you look up the answer while you’re standing with us — just find us first, and worry about the answer next. It’s such an easy way to get some cool Redskins gear.
By the way, today’s Redskins Back to Football event begins pretty soon. Join us at the DC Lottery Tailgate Thursday event at 600 Maryland Ave. in Washington, D.C. (in front of the L’Enfant Plaza Metro Station), from 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Get free lunch on the DC Lottery, win cash and prizes, and enter to win the Ultimate Tailgate 15K Shopping Spree by simply playing the DC Lottery at the Tailgate Thursday Event.
Tags: 80th anniversary season, trivia, washington redskins
Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment »