There were two guests at FedExField for tonight’s preseason finale between the Washington Redskins and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers that were probably itching to get their shot at a field goal.
Becky Sauerbrunn and Lori “Lightning” Lindsey — both former standout soccer players at the University of Virginia whose U.S. Women’s National Soccer team won gold this summer at the Olympics — were seen walking around the field and the stadium, taking in all of the sights and sounds.
The Redskins Blog was fortunate enough to be able to catch up with Sauerbrunn and Lindsey. Here’s the video:
For those of you looking for a little more info about these two soccer studs:
Becky Sauerbrunn, 27
- Defender for U.S. Women’s National Soccer team
- Plays for D.C. United Women of the W-League
- Won a gold medal with the U.S. in 2012
- Born in St. Louis, but attended the University of Virginia and became the only three-time National Soccer Coaches Association of America All-American selection in school history
Lori “Lightning” Lindsey, 32
- Midfielder for the U.S. Women’s National Soccer team
- Plays for the Western New York Flash of the WPSL Elite League
- Was an alternate on the U.S. team in 2012
- Born in Indianapolis, but also played at the University of virginia, and was the school’s first-ever Atlantic Coast Conference Player of the Year (winning twice)
Tags: 2012 preseason, Becky Sauerbrunn, Lori Lindsey, Olympians, washington redskins
Posted in Uncategorized | No Comments »