The Washington Redskins announced today that they were releasing veteran tight end Chris Cooley, who has spent all seven-plus years of his career with the Redskins, so that he can pursue a starting opportunity with another NFL team.
Cooley has produced countless memorable moments for Redskins fans over the years. Below is an Associated Press photo gallery of some of his biggest games in a Redskins uniform, including (but not limited to):
- Nov. 6, 2005: Cooley has a then-career-high 85 yards receiving in the Redskins’ 17-10 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Nov. 26, 2006: Cooley breaks two tackles to go 66 yards and score the game-winning touchdown against the Carolina Panthers, sending the FexExField crowd into a frenzy.
- Oct. 14, 2007: Cooley has a career day with 105 yards receiving and a touchdown in the Redskins’ 17-14 loss to the Green Bay Packers.
- Oct. 5, 2008: Cooley tops his 2007 top performance with 109 yards receiving and a touchdown catch from wide receiver Antwaan Randle El in the Redskins’ 23-17 win over the Eagles.
- Sept. 20, 2009: Cooley has 83 yards receiving in the Redskins’ 9-7 win over the St. Louis Rams.
- Nov. 21, 2010: Cooley has seven receptions for 91 yards, as the Redskins defeat the Tennessee Titans, 19-16.
Tags: Chris Cooley, washington redskins
Posted in Uncategorized | 11 Comments »