• Tue., Sep. 30, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Wed., Oct. 01, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks to media following practice at Redskins Park in Loudoun County, Va. on Thursday, October 2, 2014.
  • Thu., Oct. 02, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Oct. 03, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks to media following practice at Redskins Park in Loudoun County, Va. on Friday, October 3, 2014.
  • Fri., Oct. 03, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Sat., Oct. 04, 2014 12:30 PM - 1:00 PM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks to media following practice at Redskins Park in Loudoun County, Va. on Saturday, October 4, 2014.
  • Mon., Oct. 06, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Oct. 06, 2014 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM EDT Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Lou Holder LIVE from FedExField before the Redskins vs. Seahawks kickoff on Monday, October 6, 2014.
  • Tue., Oct. 07, 2014 12:00 AM - 12:30 AM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Seahawks game at FedExField on Monday, October 6, 2014.

Inside The Park: I Bid You Adieu

Posted by Ryan Kerrigan on August 15, 2012 – 8:35 am

Well ‘Skins fans, it’s been fun. I’ve enjoyed writing to you all about our team’s training camp and being able to answer some of your questions along the way.

This will be my last blog entry, so I think it is appropriate that I thank all of you for your continued support.

When I was drafted by the Redskins in April of 2011, I was taken aback by the fan base this team has. Right after the draft, my Twitter feed was blowing up with fans telling me they were excited to have me on their team. It was awesome.

(AP photo)

People often ask me what was my “Welcome to the NFL moment?” and it would have to be all of the love I received from Redskins fans across the country when I got drafted. It was quite humbling to know that I was coming to a fan base that cared so deeply about its team.

When I arrived in Ashburn last season, I got my first taste of the Redskins’ faithful firsthand, and you all did not disappoint. I could not believe how many people showed up for practice each day. It was surreal to see such passionate fans.

Having all of you out there everyday cheering us on made me want to play harder and harder. Although the season didn’t turn out how we wanted it to, there is no other team I would rather have played for last season and you fans are a major part of that reason. You guys never gave up on us and kept supporting each week.

Throughout this year’s training camp, you all have been nothing short of awesome again. I can tell you all are as fired up for a great season as we are in the locker room!

This team can do great things and we plan on making big things happen this year. But we’re going to need your guys’ support each week, and I wouldn’t expect anything less from the BEST fan base in the NFL.

Thanks again for all of the support! Let’s make this a BIG year.

HTTR!

Tags: , ,

4 Responses to “Inside The Park: I Bid You Adieu”

1. By Rob Bowling on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

Unlike other NFL teams with passionate fan bases, Redskins fans will NEVER stop loving you guys! Redskins fans will NEVER bad-mouth our team, regardless of each seasons’ outcome. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

2. By hambrew on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

Ryan,

Thanks for being so social. I hope to see you on other social medium during the season. We got your back, kid. HAIL!!

-John

3. By Rick on Aug 15, 2012 | Reply

I was soooo happy when we selected Kerrigan 16th overall. He was one of my favorite guys in that draft, but I had little hopes that the Redskins would actually draft him since we were so high up. When I saw we traded down and selected him I was ecstatic! YOU RULE RYAN!!! You were the final piece in our front 7! One of, if not the BEST front 7 groups in the entire NFL!!
    HTTR!!!!

1. 1 Trackback(s)

2. Aug 15, 2012: Players Only: 2012 NFL Training Camp Blog » Blog Archive Thank You ‘Skins Fans «