• Tue., Oct. 21, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Wed., Oct. 22, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Thu., Oct. 23, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Oct. 24, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM EDT Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Larry Michael LIVE from AT&T Stadium before the Redskins vs. Cowboys game on Monday, October 27, 2014.
  • Tue., Oct. 28, 2014 12:00 AM - 12:30 AM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Cowboys game at AT&T Stadium on Monday, October 27, 2014.
  • Tue., Oct. 28, 2014 12:30 AM - 1:00 AM EDT Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. Cowboys game at AT&T Stadium on Monday, October 27, 2014.
  • Tue., Oct. 28, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Wed., Oct. 29, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

Trent Williams Playing Tailback?

Posted by Andrew Walker on June 1, 2012 – 4:04 pm

At 6-foot-5, 318 pounds, Redskins’ offensive tackle Trent Williams doesn’t at first seem like the ideal running back.

But that wasn’t always the case.

Williams said tailback was the only position he played as a second grader playing Pee Wee football in this ESPN980 interview Thursday with Kevin Sheehan and Thom Loverro.

Williams — who, without hesitation considers himself the best athlete on the Redskins’ offensive line — told Sheehan and Loverro he only moved to tackle after he “didn’t make the weight limit anymore.”

The third-year lineman — selected out of Oklahoma with the No. 4 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft — said he’s even approached the Redskins’ coaching staff about getting actual carries this season:

“I’ve been asking coach (Mike) Shanahan and Kyle (Shanahan) to give me the ball for a long time, but I don’t think nothing’s come from that. I don’t think they trust me. I gotta pick up a fumble or something to let them see my old tailback moves, and maybe they’ll trust me with a pass or something.”

If Williams is as graceful a running back as he is a golfer, I don’t blame the Shanahans for not seriously considering handing the ball off to him.

We found an awesome video (via golflinkusa) of a swing-and-a-miss Williams had recently off the tee.

“I just swung once … and I fell — well, I caught myself,” Williams told ESPN980. “I didn’t hit the ground. I prided myself on not hitting the ground.”

Check it out for yourself:

Tags: , , , ,

2 Responses to “Trent Williams Playing Tailback?”

1. By DR_DEATH420 on Jun 1, 2012 | Reply

Looks like the current Tiger Woods lol httr.

2. By poppyshoes on Jun 2, 2012 | Reply

I need him to pride himself in keeping RG3 up! Protecting his blindside IS A MUST!
    And the swing, just TURRBLE.(Doc’s voice)