• Fri., Oct. 24, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks to media at Redskins Park in Loudoun County, Va. on Friday, October 24, 2014.
  • Fri., Oct. 24, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM EDT Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Larry Michael LIVE from AT&T Stadium before the Redskins vs. Cowboys game on Monday, October 27, 2014.
  • Tue., Oct. 28, 2014 12:00 AM - 12:30 AM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Cowboys game at AT&T Stadium on Monday, October 27, 2014.
  • Tue., Oct. 28, 2014 12:30 AM - 1:00 AM EDT Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. Cowboys game at AT&T Stadium on Monday, October 27, 2014.
  • Tue., Oct. 28, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Wed., Oct. 29, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Thu., Oct. 30, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Oct. 31, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

Posted by Andrew Walker on May 24, 2012 – 11:20 am

The Washington Redskins 80th Anniversary Season Thank You Tour is on officially on the road, on the way to its first destination.

And today, the wheels on the bus go round and round until we get to Winchester, Va.

Today’s event in Winchester is certain to give fans a good idea of how the rest of the tour will shape up. It begins at noon with an event at the Winchester Rotary Luncheon, then moves to NW Works at 1:30 p.m. to visit with the company’s staff and clients before wrapping up from 3:30 p.m.-5 p.m. with an event at the Handley High School football stadium.

The event at Handley High School is free and open to the public.

On the bus today, among others, are Redskins’ great defensive end Dexter Manley and the Washington Redskins Cheerleaders. Current and former Redskins players are also expected to make appearances throughout the day and the tour.

Keep checking the blog today for updates from the stops, and check our Twitter and Facebook pages for exclusive photos and videos.

Tags: , , ,

2 Responses to “Thank You Tour: And We’re Off”

1. By Jeannine Childs on May 24, 2012 | Reply

I love the Washington Redskins. I have been a fan all my life and I have always wanted to meet the Redskins team and get a autograph picture of the whole team. This has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid but never had money to go and even see a real .game. I’ve always wanted to see a Redskins and Dallas so I can see Redskins kick their butt!!!!!! I just wish I could get a autograph of every player on one full picture of the team. My dad has one. It has also been a dream to meet the team. But, I guess it will always be a dream. I wish it could come true. See I live at 117 E. Pall Mall St. in Winchester, VA and I would love to see them in person. I have two kids that I am raising and working a full time job and can’t go anywhere to busy. Don’t have alot of money to travel especially the way the gas prices are. I just wanted to say I love the Redskins.

2. By ImproperRedskin on May 24, 2012 | Reply

Wow. Dexter’s on the tour? Good for him, I say.