Jersey-mania rages on, as NikeInc.com has released a full concept album that illustrates the changes made between the old Reebok jerseys, and the spiffy new Nike ones.
Just as forewarning, the changes are small, and will require a hi-def television to capture on gameday. Perhaps the most important changes are coming to the technology of the jersey, which is made of lighter-weight material, and will come with improved ventilation for the players.
Here’s a technical explanation from the NikeInc website. Evidently, the Redskins have selected the most innovative model on the market:
Keeping with their traditional design aesthetic, the uniform is completely engineered from the inside out. The new uniform focuses on creating a system where the baselayer, padding, jersey and pant work in concert with each other. A few of the new innovations include increasing sleeve articulation for better range of motion and integrating new four-way stretch fabrication to provide a streamlined shrink-wrap fit.
Sounds fancy. So what features does this spaceman jersey actually have?
- LIGHTER - The Nike jersey and pant, wet or dry are lighter than previous versions
- FLYWIRE TECHNOLOGY - Eliminates layers, reduces weight, and provides lockdown fit
- ZONED MESH VENTILATION – Provides cooling zones for optimal thermoregulation
- ZONED STRENGTH - High tenacity, stretch material, for lightweight lockdown strength.
- CUT FOR MOBILITY – Four-way stretch, hydrophobic materials enable range of motion wet or dry.
- STRETCH TWILL NUMBERS – Four-way stretch even on numbering system
- CUSTOMIZABLE BASELAYER PADDING – Nike Pro Combat Hyperstrong baselayer with integrated lightweight, Deflex padding offering customizable flexible protection.
- DEFLEX PADDING - Lightweight, flexible impact protection integrated into top “hit zone” areas
- ALUMINUM D-RING BELT - Aircraft-grade aluminum D-ring belt reduces weight.
Here is the full gallery of uniform updates for the 2012 season (as worn by Durant Brooks. Or Rich Parson. Or maybe James Tuthill):
Tags: new, Nike, Uniforms, washington redskins
Posted in Uncategorized | 17 Comments »