Because you care, the good folks at EA Sports have updated the settings on their fantastic video games, so that fans and Madden enthusiasts can continue to maintain the most realistic, fake game-play possible:
Kevin Barnes CB WAS Decrease, from 69 to 68OVR Logan Paulsen TE WAS Increase, from 62 to 65OVR John Beck QB WAS Increase, from 73 to 75OVR Adam Carriker DL WAS Increase, from 79 to 81OVR Fred Davis TE WAS Increase, from 84 to 85OVR Roy Helu HB WAS Moved to 3DRB #1 on depth chart Ryan Torrain HB WAS Moved to HB #1 on depth chart Roy Helu HB WAS Moved to HB #2 on depth chart Jabar Gaffney WR WAS Moved to WR #1 on depth chart Tim Hightower HB WAS Removed from depth chart (injury) Santana Moss WR WAS Removed from depth chart (injury) Chris Cooley TE WAS Removed from depth chart (injury) John Malecki OL WAS Signs Jonathan Compas OL WAS Signs Dominique Byrd TE WAS Signs
Here are a few notes worth mentioning:
- Logan Paulsen’s career day of two 24-yard catches in a single drive, in addition to expert blocking for Tim Hightower, led to his plus-three promotion.
- John Beck’s good showing in his first start since 2007, earned him a plus-two promotion.
- Adam Carriker’s career-best 1.5 sacks, led to a plus-two promotion as well.
- Fred Davis’s ascension to the top of the depth chart, as well as his team-leading 28 catches for 423 yards, raising him to a very solid 85 overall.
- The roster shuffle was fairly depressing this week, but a tip of the cap to EA Sports for making most of the necessary changes. Too bad that they went to the effort of signing OG John Malecki’s avatar to the squad, who lasted less than a week, before being replaced by running back Tristan Davis.
And that’s your Week 8 Madden update.
Tags: madden, roster update, washington redskins
Posted in Uncategorized | 7 Comments »