• Fri., Dec. 09, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fane unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches, and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m./7:30 a.m. daily)

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Sun., Dec. 11, 2016 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM EST Live Postgame Press Conferences Redskins head coach Jay Gruden, quarterback Kirk Cousins and select players address the media following the Redskins vs. Eagles game at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pa.
  • Mon., Dec. 12, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Fri., Dec. 16, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Mon., Dec. 19, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Mon., Dec. 19, 2016 11:30 PM - 11:59 PM EST Live Postgame Press Conferences Redskins head coach Jay Gruden, quarterback Kirk Cousins and select players address the media following the Redskins vs. Panthers game at FedExField in Landover, Md.
  • Tue., Dec. 20, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

Niles Paul: Angry Bird Extraordinaire

Posted by Brian Tinsman on October 19, 2011 – 3:53 pm

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Niles Paul is a budding young receiver and special teamer, but he moonlights as a pretty impressive video gamer:

He says that his favorite video games are played on a TV system, but he holds a special place in his heart for the Apple app sensation, Angry Birds.

“Oh, that’s my joint, man,” Paul said with a smile in the locker room.  “I love that game.”

When I asked if he had played all of the dozen-or-so versions of the game, he responded, “I’ve beat all the games.  I get ’em, I beat ’em, and then I delete ’em from my phone.  I’m three-stars man, three-stars.”

In order to commemorate his great victories of mal-tempered avian over pigs, Paul has invested in T-shirts:

“I always get the T-shirts,” he said with a laugh.  “They’re funny T-shirts and I wear them on my days off.”

If there are any readers that share Paul’s affinity for irritable poultry, maybe you can get together, this Oct. 31st:

“I might–I might–be an Angry Bird,” he said.  “I tried looking online for the outfits, and they have head-gear and the full-body gear.  I’m thinking about just getting the head-gear for now.”

When I told him that there was actually a theme park devoted to Angry Birds fever in China, he said he hadn’t heard of it, “but [he]’ll have to check it out some day.”

From the looks of this video, I wouldn’t want to:

Tags: , , ,

3 Responses to “Niles Paul: Angry Bird Extraordinaire”

1. By marketbie on Dec 19, 2011 | Reply

It is a pleasure to play.
    555.
    I wanted to play it.
    Thank you.

1. 2 Trackback(s)

2. Nov 18, 2011: The Redskins Blog | Paul Defends His Respect For ‘Twilight’
  3. Dec 23, 2011: The Redskins Blog | Redskins Featured In New ‘NFL Magazine’