• Wed., Jun. 01, 2016 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM EDT Cooley and Kevin

Check out Cooley and Kevin weekdays from 7am-11am on ESPN 980, online at ESPN980.com and via the ESPN 980 App for

iPhone and Android.

• Wed., Jun. 01, 2016 7:30 AM - 8:00 AM EDT Redskins Nation Redskins Nation on Comcast SportsNet
  • Wed., Jun. 01, 2016 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM EDT The Tony Kornheiser Show Check out The Tony Kornheiser Show weekdays from 11am-1pm on ESPN 980, online at ESPN980.com and via the ESPN 980 App for iPhone and Android.
  • Wed., Jun. 01, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation Redskins Nation on Comcast SportsNet
  • Wed., Jun. 01, 2016 11:00 PM - 11:30 PM EDT Redskins Nation Redskins Nation on Comcast SportsNet
  • Thu., Jun. 02, 2016 7:30 AM - 8:00 AM EDT Redskins Nation Redskins Nation on Comcast SportsNet
  • Thu., Jun. 02, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation Redskins Nation on Comcast SportsNet
  • Thu., Jun. 02, 2016 11:00 PM - 11:30 PM EDT Redskins Nation Redskins Nation on Comcast SportsNet
  • Fri., Jun. 03, 2016 7:30 AM - 8:00 AM EDT Redskins Nation Redskins Nation on Comcast SportsNet
  • Fri., Jun. 03, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation Redskins Nation on Comcast SportsNet

Niles Paul: Angry Bird Extraordinaire

Posted by Brian Tinsman on October 19, 2011 – 3:53 pm

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Niles Paul is a budding young receiver and special teamer, but he moonlights as a pretty impressive video gamer:

He says that his favorite video games are played on a TV system, but he holds a special place in his heart for the Apple app sensation, Angry Birds.

“Oh, that’s my joint, man,” Paul said with a smile in the locker room.  “I love that game.”

When I asked if he had played all of the dozen-or-so versions of the game, he responded, “I’ve beat all the games.  I get ’em, I beat ’em, and then I delete ’em from my phone.  I’m three-stars man, three-stars.”

In order to commemorate his great victories of mal-tempered avian over pigs, Paul has invested in T-shirts:

“I always get the T-shirts,” he said with a laugh.  “They’re funny T-shirts and I wear them on my days off.”

If there are any readers that share Paul’s affinity for irritable poultry, maybe you can get together, this Oct. 31st:

“I might–I might–be an Angry Bird,” he said.  “I tried looking online for the outfits, and they have head-gear and the full-body gear.  I’m thinking about just getting the head-gear for now.”

When I told him that there was actually a theme park devoted to Angry Birds fever in China, he said he hadn’t heard of it, “but [he]’ll have to check it out some day.”

From the looks of this video, I wouldn’t want to:

Tags: , , ,

3 Responses to “Niles Paul: Angry Bird Extraordinaire”

1. By marketbie on Dec 19, 2011 | Reply

It is a pleasure to play.
    555.
    I wanted to play it.
    Thank you.

1. 2 Trackback(s)

2. Nov 18, 2011: The Redskins Blog | Paul Defends His Respect For ‘Twilight’
  3. Dec 23, 2011: The Redskins Blog | Redskins Featured In New ‘NFL Magazine’