• Thu., Jul. 31, 2014 3:50 PM - 4:00 PM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins Head Coach Jay Gruden talks to the media following  practice at the Bon Secours Training Center in Richmond, Va. on July 31, 2014.
  • Thu., Jul. 31, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Aug. 01, 2014 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM EDT Live Player Press Conference A select Redskins player talks to the media following practice at the Bon Secours Training Center in Richmond, VA. on Aug. 1, 2014.
  • Fri., Aug. 01, 2014 3:50 PM - 4:00 PM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins Head Coach Jay Gruden talks to the media following practice at the Bon Secours Center in Richmond, VA. on August 1, 2014.
  • Fri., Aug. 01, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Aug. 04, 2014 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM EDT Live Player Press Conference A select Redskins player talks to the media following practice at the Bon Secours Training Center in Richmond, VA. on Aug. 4, 2014.
  • Mon., Aug. 04, 2014 3:50 PM - 4:00 PM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins Head Coach Jay Gruden talks to the media following practice at the Bon Secours Training Center in Richmond, VA. on August 4, 2014.
  • Mon., Aug. 04, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Tue., Aug. 05, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Wed., Aug. 06, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

Grossman Blown Around In Windy City

Posted by Brian Tinsman on September 7, 2011 – 4:42 pm

AP Image

On Monday, Rex Grossman was named the Redskins starting quarterback for Week 1, following an open competition throughout training camp and the preseason.  While he’s had about six weeks to prepare himself for the season, he told the media today that his training period stretches back to his days at the helm of the Chicago Bears.

“Chicago was a great experience for me,” he said.  “The reaction was kind of extreme both ways. In 2006, I was offensive player of the month and, at times, I did play like that and, at times, I was inconsistent. I was kind of a lightning rod with what’s going to happen.”

“I take a lot of experience from that and I am a better quarterback than I was then. I like my chances going into this season a lot better than I did then. I’m a much more grounded quarterback and more confident in my abilities.”

Whenever Grossman has talked about the things that make him successful in this offense, he has mentioned his relationship with offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan and his comfort in the system.  For Grossman, not all systems are created equal:

“If you look across the league, I’m not knocking Chicago, the team was set up differently for success. I fit well in this offense. I played well in Chiacgo–not everyone makes it to a Super Bowl.”

Grossman is looking to make his fourth consecutive start for Washington, dating back to last year.  His thoughts and focus are on the Redskins though, and he made it very clear that he’s not interested in reliving Chicago anymore.

Check out the full press conference video below:

Tags: , , ,
Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment »

One Response to “Grossman Blown Around In Windy City”

1. By Danny Ambrose on Sep 7, 2011 | Reply