• Mon., Aug. 04, 2014 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM EDT Live Player Press Conference A select Redskins player talks to the media following practice at the Bon Secours Training Center in Richmond, VA. on Aug. 4, 2014.
  • Mon., Aug. 04, 2014 3:50 PM - 4:00 PM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins Head Coach Jay Gruden talks to the media following practice at the Bon Secours Training Center in Richmond, VA. on August 4, 2014.
  • Mon., Aug. 04, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Tue., Aug. 05, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Wed., Aug. 06, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Thu., Aug. 07, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Aug. 08, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Sun., Aug. 10, 2014 3:50 PM - 4:00 PM EDT Live Player Training Camp Press Conference 8/10/14 A select Redskins player talks to the media following practice at the Bon Secours Training Center in Richmond, VA. on August 10, 2014.
  • Mon., Aug. 11, 2014 3:50 PM - 4:00 PM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins Head Coach Jay Gruden talks to the media following practice at the Bon Secours Training Center in Richmond, VA. on August 11, 2014.
  • Mon., Aug. 11, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

Stephen Bowen: ‘They Say I Have Feet Like A Cat’

Posted by Brian Tinsman on August 31, 2011 – 1:00 pm

AP Image

It recently came to my attention that new Redskins defensive end Stephen Bowen has some pretty serious moves on the dance floor.

While he was still a member of the Dallas Cowboys, Bowen was recorded breaking it down in the locker room with his teammates.  While it pains me to post footage of the Cowboys, I assure you it’s worth it:

Bowen said that the video was taken by running back and good friend Tashard Choice in the locker room after OTA’s in the spring.

“We used to have fun in the locker rooms after practices,” he said after a long laugh.  “It starts to get repetitive, and you try to keep everybody loose and fun, enjoying everything.”

But Bowen’s dancing skills are no laughing matter.

“Absolutely, I mean, I can do whatever you wanna do,” he said.  “We can go any genre of dancing and I will pick it up easily.  I can pop-lock-it a little bit, y’know?  You can go hip-hop, I mean you can even go ballroom dance, and I’ll pick it up in about five minutes.”

“Absolutely, I take pride in that.  They say that I have feet like a cat.”

So the next time you see Whiskers race down the hall after a ball of string, I want you to think of 6-5, 306-pound Stephen Bowen.  They’re nearly identical.

To what does Bowen attribute his ability to break it down?  He says that he honed his craft on the court.

When I was younger, I played a lot of basketball on the A.A.U. circuit,” he said.  “Basketball is all about feet, and I think that just carried over into football as well.”

Despite being Shaq-tastic in size and strength, Bowen said that he played a lot of small forward and power forward in his basketball days.  He’s also not afraid to admit that he was pretty good.  “Y’know, not to brag, but I averaged like 21 points and 10 rebounds a game my senior year.”

I guess it’s not bragging if it’s true.

But who knew that Bowen and Mr. Bigglesworth had so much in common?

Tags: , , ,

3 Responses to “Stephen Bowen: ‘They Say I Have Feet Like A Cat’”

1. By Mark Steven on Aug 31, 2011 | Reply

“Feet like a cat,” huh? There’s a ‘pussy-footing around’ joke in there somewhere, but Steve’s a Redskin. And big. So I’m not going to make it.

2. By Brian Tinsman on Aug 31, 2011 | Reply

@Mark Steven-

Then make the joke about Martellus Bennett. C’mon now man!

1. 1 Trackback(s)