• Fri., Oct. 31, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Sun., Nov. 02, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Larry Michael LIVE from TCF Bank Stadium before the Redskins vs. Vikings game on Sunday, November 2, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 02, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Vikings game at TCF Bank Stadium on Sunday, November 2, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 02, 2014 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM EST Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. Vikings game at TCF Bank Stadium on Sunday, November 2, 2014.
  • Mon., Nov. 03, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Tue., Nov. 04, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Wed., Nov. 05, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Thu., Nov. 06, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Fri., Nov. 07, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Mon., Nov. 10, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Players Reflect On Training Camp

Posted by Brian Tinsman on August 17, 2011 – 4:11 pm

AP Image

With training camp ending yesterday, players finally got a chance to reflect on their experiences in the last three weeks.  Whether it was their first or fifteenth camp, players were excited to be there, and excited to be done with it.

One of the stars of training camp, was rookie defensive end Jarvis Jenkins.  By all accounts, Jenkins had a great camp, and comes out of it as a more complete player.

“It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be,” he told me with a big smile.  “It was kinda rough at first, it was kinda fast-paced without mini-camps and OTA’s.  But I’m pretty sure I can fit in.”

Jenkins came in renowned as a bulldozer on the line, someone who can tie up blockers and shut down the running game.  He assessed that he had improved in all areas.

“I got coached up on my pass-rushing techniqe,” he said.  “I was always a run-stopper, so I just critiqued that a good bit.  But this camp I got better on my pass rush and that will help me to contribute to this defense.”

Rookie outside linebacker Markus White also went through a transformation this training camp, playing as a defensive end at Florida State and transitioning to outside linebacker.

“I feel like I have more vision, but more responsiblity also,” he said.  “Y’know, it adds another step to the game. You’ve got to do more things. You’ve got more responsibilities and possibilities that comes with it.”

White was the 224th overall pick in the draft and also impressed coaches with his work ethic during camp.

“It just takes a lot of hard work, but I knew that,” he said about training camp.  “Y’know, rookie camps and OTA’s would have been valuable, but I feel like we got a lot of really good tools here, and I’ll be prepared for anything they put me in. I’m happy for the fact that we made it through here with the team still a solid team.”

Other players took to Twitter to broadcast their feelings about camp drawing to a close.

Some were looking back:

Some were looking forward:

And Adam Carriker was really excited to be going home:

But at least one remembered to thank the fans for their support at Redskins Park:

Tags: , , ,
Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment »

One Response to “Redskins Players Reflect On Training Camp”

1. By Trent on Aug 18, 2011 | Reply

While I don’t expect an amazing season, I am glad to see what has been coming out of camp. No huge distractions. No one player is expected to really be relied upon. Shanny and Allen are building a team based on players who play for the TEAM and the FANS, not just a pay day or their own selfish love of the game.

I think we will finish better than 6-10.. but maybe only by a game or two. HTTR!