With tomorrow’s final day of training camp closed to the public, today was the last day for fans to glimpse their Redskins in practice this season.
Here are a few of the things they may have seen:
- The team huddles before every practice, and Barry Cofield and Stephen Bowen frequently have their hands up first in the huddle. These guys are contributors on defense, but their teammates are also following their lead, despite being new in Washington.
- Leonard Hankerson had a perfect practice today, catching everything that was thrown his way.
- The one-on-one battles between left tackle Trent Williams and Brian Orakpo have been nothing short of incredible to watch. One on repetition, Williams will stonewall Orakpo, and on the next play Orakpo will wrestle past him. The development of both players has obviously been accelerated by the ability to line up against each other every day in practice.
- Brandon Banks was back in pads today and took some repetitions in receiver and the returner drills.
- Rex Grossman hit Jabar Gaffney in the back corner of the endzone after a march down the field to end practice.
Tags: open practice, Training Camp, washington redskins
Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment »