• Fri., Oct. 24, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks to media at Redskins Park in Loudoun County, Va. on Friday, October 24, 2014.
  • Fri., Oct. 24, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM EDT Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Larry Michael LIVE from AT&T Stadium before the Redskins vs. Cowboys game on Monday, October 27, 2014.
  • Tue., Oct. 28, 2014 12:00 AM - 12:30 AM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Cowboys game at AT&T Stadium on Monday, October 27, 2014.
  • Tue., Oct. 28, 2014 12:30 AM - 1:00 AM EDT Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. Cowboys game at AT&T Stadium on Monday, October 27, 2014.
  • Tue., Oct. 28, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Wed., Oct. 29, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Thu., Oct. 30, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Oct. 31, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

OJ Atogwe Plays The Guessing Game

Posted by Brian Tinsman on July 28, 2011 – 9:15 am

AP Image

When OJ Atogwe played for the Rams he wore No. 21, of course the same number as the late Sean Taylor.  After joining the Redskins in the offseason, he made it clear via his Twitter that he would honor Taylor’s memory and switch to a different number:

So now he and the Redskins have concocted a fun way for fans to get involved in the renumbering process.

Via the Redskins official Facebook page, if you correctly guess the new safety’s number, you win an autographed Atogwe jersey.  Go to the sweepstakes page and enter your guess (remember that safeties numbers are typically in the 20’s and 30’s.  Or you could be bold and guess 137–you may not be right, but if you are, you’re the only one that got it).

What’s better than a free lunch?  Oh right, a free jersey.  If you’re interested in guessing, you must enter by 11:59 p.m. tonight.

With an abridged version of the new league well under way, don’t overlook the addition of Atogwe to patrol center field.  With his nose for the football and ability to create turnovers, he won’t be the forgotten man in Washington for very long.

All correct guesses will be entered in a drawing for the jersey, which will given away presumably after the Redskins announce jersey numbers.  The fine print says no purchase necessary, so best of luck to anyone with a hunch:

Custom_banner_1312656719

Tags: ,

24 Responses to “OJ Atogwe Plays The Guessing Game”

1. By slugdc on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

I like Atogwe. Can’t wait to see what he does for us.

And this article would’ve sounded better written by Terl.

2. By Kevin on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

22!

3. By Nicholas Arguelles on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

32, OR 22

4. By Jamie Austin on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

36. You aren’t taking 21 because of your respect for Taylor, and I thank you.

When the big guy couldn’t get the number he wanted he took the 36 and played like a monster. I wolud love it if you went monster with the 36 as well.

5. By pcook on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Jamie Austin is correct. One day when he was a rookie he was going to individual practices with the secondary. Fred Smoot saw the 6 at the end and was jibing him thinking he was Lavar and should be practicing with the LB’s.

Taylor was wearing 36 when he made the Eagles want to release Todd Pinkston

6. By BCroy88 on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

I Hope he wears jersey #42. 21+21. the spirit of the ballhawk

7. By C24 on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

8. By Brian Tinsman on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

These are all great guesses–hope you’re not just commenting here but actually submitting them!

9. By TeO on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

10. By BIG HOG 1 on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

21-1= His jersey number will be 20!

11. By that guy on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Big number 37

think about it big guy, it would be a good look for you

12. By Redskins24/7Milennium on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Yo- Bcroy! Ever hear of a fellow named Charley Taylor?

And Tin-man(substitute blogger), does anyone @ Redskins Park talk to you? The ‘Skins just parted with their 2 biggest names(Thank the Lord!) and you’ve got zilch on it?

DON’T QUIT YOUR DAY JOB!

I WANT TERL BACK!

13. By Alfonzo Stevenson on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

I believe that it will be number 29

14. By jt3 on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Cut the new guy some slack guys!! Hell, I liked Terl too, but the new guy had nothing to do with Terl getting wacked. Let’s give him a couple weeks to see how it goes.
    I’m pretty happy about our Defense this year. I think we could be close to the best in the NFC EAST. What you guys think?

15. By Alex on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

He will be 20. Macho Harris will be released. It is Taylor minus one..

As for Mr. Tinman, how come both McNabb and Haynesworth have been traded as of 6 AM this morning and the biggest news story here is what number will Atogwe choose?

16. By Alex on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Dear Mr. Brian Tinsman,

Do you know who Terry Robiskie was? He was Synder’s fluffferboy. He started Jeff George, when everyone knew he suked more *** than Jenna Jameson all b/c Danny Boy wanted to destroy the teams chances at the playoffs….

You are Terry Robiskie.

17. By ricardo on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

18. By Brian Tinsman on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Dear Alex,

I do remember Terry Robiskie, though I do not know him. I am not him. But what I can tell you is that I’m a blogger–a fan who sits behind a keyboard at Redskins Park and writes everything he’s allowed to say. I don’t fluff, I don’t puff, I don’t spin, and I don’t suck anything except the straw on my coke zero. My goal on a daily basis is to tell people why they should care about something that’s happened to their beloved Redskins. Sometimes you will care, and sometimes you will not, but most of the time it will give you a perspective that you’re not going to read on any other blog.

I’m not Terry, I’m not Jenna, I’m just Brian. Nice to meet you.

19. By Brian Tinsman on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

Three big question marks up the middle- NT, ILB, CB2. If they can address even two of those, I like their chances

20. By captmrgn on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

I’m speculating Matt was let go due to the content of some of his writing. Note the very conservative approach taken by his replacement. Nothing in writing that’s not official.
    It is becoming clear to me that the change in information provided by the blog is not due to the blogger but due to some “invisible forces”.
    I’m all in for giving the writer a chance knowing that inside scoops on unofficial information cannot be found on the blog.
    Anyone working man knows that if you replace someone who just got “canned” you tread lightly so as not to follow. I’ll bet after signings are official the content here will be greater.

21. By captmrgn on Jul 28, 2011 | Reply

On Matt,
    one of the things I enjoyed was his effort to follow around players and let us fans catch glimpses of their personalities.
    I wonder why Matt really got fired, (I am sure it is very hush hush), and where he is headed.
    HTTR

22. By blazinclipsy on Jul 29, 2011 | Reply

its gonna be 36… 21 + 30 area 51 30 + 36 route 66

1. 2 Trackback(s)

2. Jul 29, 2011: The Redskins Blog | Atogwe Selects Number 20
  3. May 16, 2012: 2012 Redskins Free Agency (and Trades) Tracker (Chapter III) - Page 19 - The Warpath