• Sat., Dec. 20, 2014 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Lou Holder LIVE from FedExField before the Redskins vs. Eagles kickoff on Saturday, December 20, 2014.
  • Sat., Dec. 20, 2014 6:00 PM - 6:15 PM EST Live Microsoft Halftime Update Redskins halftime update hosted by Rick "Doc" Walker and Lou Holder LIVE from FedExField during the Redskins vs.Eagles game on December 20, 2014.

• Sat., Dec. 20, 2014 8:00 PM - 8:30 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Eagles game at FedExField on Saturday, December 20, 2014.
  • Sat., Dec. 20, 2014 8:30 PM - 9:00 PM EST Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. Eagles game at FedExField on Saturday, December 20, 2014.
  • Mon., Dec. 22, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Tue., Dec. 23, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Wed., Dec. 24, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Thu., Dec. 25, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Fri., Dec. 26, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Sun., Dec. 28, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Lou Holder LIVE from FedExField before the Redskins vs. Cowboys kickoff on Sunday, December 28, 2014.

Sha'Reff Rashad On The Redskins And Being Ice Cream

Posted by Brian Tinsman on June 2, 2011 – 12:17 pm

When safety Sha’Reff Rashad signed to the practice squad — the same November day as wide receiver Taurus Johnson, who is also still on the roster — I linked to a Star-Ledger profile about what a good guy he is. Now Redskins.com intern Brian Tinsman writes about a YouTube interview that seems to indicate the same thing. It also indicates that he’s willing to answer bizarre questions, which is good to know for the future.

Sha’Reff Rashad isn’t a household name in Redskins Nation, at least not yet. He was signed to the team’s practice squad last year after spending 2009 with the Giants.

After entering the league as an undrafted free agent, Rashad finally saw game action in the last game of 2010 for the Redskins. He played sparingly and compiled no statistics, but it was a long journey just to get on an NFL field.

Max Strauss of ProInterviews.org sat down with Rashad to discuss his path to the NFL, and specifically about adjusting to the Redskins.

“Practices be run a little bit different,” Rashad said of the Redskins. “As always, my teammates helped me out. I walked in the first day, I met all of the DB’s, and met the defense. I slowly got acquainted with the coaches and things like that. I think after a week or two, you get used to it.”

This wasn’t the first time Rashad has had to make unexpected transitions. “My dad was in the Navy when I was little, so every couple years, I was at a different school. So I would say it’s kinda comparable to that. You have to feel your way around for a couple days, maybe a week or two.”

Now to the really juicy stuff. Forget what kind of ice cream he likes to eat, but what kind would he be?

“I’d have to go with Rocky Road,” he said. “I’m not exactly sure how you can equate that to a person, but I dunno, I guess I’ve been through a lot as far as the process of getting into the NFL, getting into college, and things like that. I would say Rocky Road is something that would kind of symbolize how I felt and how I’ve gotten to where I am. A lot of ups and a lot of downs.”

Rashad sounds like a humble guy and somebody worth cheering for to make it in the NFL. He saved time at the end of the interview to praise Redskins fans for their support, even if not many people know him.

“First off, I’d like to thank you,” he said. “I’m not going to sit here and act like I have a huge fan-base by any means. But, thank you all the people that have supported me to get me to where I’m at today.”

He continued, “Once it comes down to it, it’s all about what you do in practice, and what you do once you get out and play football. Everything else, will come with time. I love the Redskins organization. I hope to stay here as long as I can.”

Thanks to Strauss for the scoop; check out the full video of the interview below:

Tags: ,