• Sun., Nov. 23, 2014 2:55 PM - 3:15 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Larry Michael LIVE from Levi's Stadium before the Redskins vs. 49ers game on Sunday, November 23, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 23, 2014 7:55 PM - 8:25 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. 49ers game at Levi's Stadium on Sunday, November 23, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 23, 2014 8:25 PM - 8:55 PM EST Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. 49ers game at Levi's Stadium on Sunday, November 23, 2014.
  • Mon., Nov. 24, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Tue., Nov. 25, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Wed., Nov. 26, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Thu., Nov. 27, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Fri., Nov. 28, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Sun., Nov. 30, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Larry Michael LIVE from Lucas Oil Stadium before the Redskins vs. Colts game on Sunday, November 30, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 30, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Colts game at Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday, November 30, 2014.

Donovan McNabb: Basketball Analyst, And Other Links

Posted by Matt Terl on March 18, 2011 – 10:34 am

As previously mentioned, quarterback Donovan McNabb made his debut as a basketball analyst on Comcast SportsNet yesterday, and acquitted himself pretty well at the basketball part of things.

He also fielded a ton of Redskins questions, where by “fielded” I mean “gave polite non-answers to.” Thankfully, Dan Steinberg of the DC Sports Bog has already done the thankless work of transcribing those answers. Here’s one example:

“Only thing I can do at this particular point is just continue to stay focused on what my goal is, and my goal is to help a team win a Super Bowl. I said that was gonna work on my craft and continue to go back to the fundamentals of trying to be a better quarterback, and that’s something that I plan on doing. At this particular point, I’m working with my trainer, who I’ve worked with over the years, who I’ve had great seasons with, and just enjoying my time in this lockout of just trying to be better at what I do.”

If you’d like to read a few more answers like that, you can check ‘em out here.

And here are a few other Redskins-related links that are worth checking out.

• At The Swinging Gate DC, Jack Anderson counsels the Redskins to exercise some patience in the draft. Tough to argue with.
  • Hogs Haven writes a follow-up to their excellent 26-27-60 post, makes fun of Jake Locker.
  • Steve Wyche of NFL.com lists the Redskins as one of three teams that “needs a running back” (italics his). Somewhere, Ryan Torain weeps softly.
  • And Rich Tandler looks at one of the proposed rule changes, this one involving instant replay. On the one hand, I love when things are made right. On the other hand, I absolutely HATE waiting through replay delays. So I’m a little torn on this one.

Tags: , ,