• Sun., Dec. 11, 2016 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST Live Redskins PreGame Show with Kevin Sheehan and John Riggins Kevin Sheehan gets the action started at 10am with the Official Redskins Radio Pregame Show presented by Koch – three hours of expert analysis, coaches interviews, key matchups, NFC East Game Day Previews, fantasy football updates and more!

Plus, this year Hall of Fame running back John Riggins will join Kevin in the broadcast booth during the final 90 minutes of the show, giving fans unparalleled pregame analysis for every Redskins game right up to kickoff.
  • Sun., Dec. 11, 2016 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM EST Live Postgame Press Conferences Redskins head coach Jay Gruden, quarterback Kirk Cousins and select players address the media following the Redskins vs. Eagles game at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pa.
  • Mon., Dec. 12, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fane unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches, and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m./7:30 a.m. daily)

Time: 5:30 p.m.

• Fri., Dec. 16, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Mon., Dec. 19, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Mon., Dec. 19, 2016 11:30 PM - 11:59 PM EST Live Postgame Press Conferences Redskins head coach Jay Gruden, quarterback Kirk Cousins and select players address the media following the Redskins vs. Panthers game at FedExField in Landover, Md.
  • Tue., Dec. 20, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

A Similarity Between Brian Orakpo And Dexter Manley

Posted by Matt Terl on January 28, 2011 – 3:20 pm

This image jumped out at me as I watched part 5 of Brothers Of The Legacy earlier today. It’s from Super Bowl XXII, a moment of Dexter Manley trying to get past Broncos tackle David Studdard to (I’m guessing) kill and possibly eat John Elway. Studdard is doing his job in the sense that he’s stopping Manley, but he’s not really doing it in an officially sanctioned manner.

“The holding that Studdard is doing to Dexter Manley is criminal,” Sam Huff says on the radio call. “If I was Dexter, I’d punch him right in the mouth.”

The reason that it caught my attention, of course, is because I felt like I had seen it several dozen times in 2010 — which, in a sense, I had. I knew I was thinking of Brian Orakpo, but he was held enough this season that they all start to run together. Was it the game-winning hold against Dallas? One of the ones against Houston? Maybe Philly?

Fortunately, Orakpo was held so much that it was written about over and over and over and over again, and eventually I found the image I was looking for, down at the bottom of a DC Sports Bog post about the time Orakpo was blatantly held in the Tampa game:

I think you can see where it might’ve jogged my memory.

Somehow, I don’t think this is what Orakpo meant when he namechecked Dexter Manley after being drafted. (For the optimistic crowd, I can point out that Orakpo is heading into his third year; in Manley’s third year, he had the first of a four-year string of double-digit sacks. Hopefully Orakpo will mirror him in that, not just in being bearhugged by offensive linemen.)

Tags: ,