If you’re a father and your kid does something you’re proud of, you want to tell pretty much everyone about it. (Nine million blogs and the #dadlife tag on Twitter serve as proof positive of that.) And that doesn’t change even if you’re a 15 year vet of the NFL.
Just check out Phillip Daniels‘ YouTube channel. Aside from a few (frankly insane) videos of himself doing competitive power lifting, it’s pretty much entirely dedicated to his son DaVaris. Of course, given DaVaris’ four-star grade and glowing reviews on ESPN’s recruiting page — and his verbal commitment to Notre Dame — it’s not like his dad is the only one paying attention. Still, tell me you don’t find the idea of big Phil Daniels sitting at home putting these videos together hugely endearing.
Elsewhere on the web….
- SBNation DC offers a viewer’s guide to potential Redskins draft picks in tonight’s BCS Championship Game. Useful!
- The Swinging Gate D.C. blog argues in favor of drafting a nose tackle this year. Intriguing!
- The folks over at Mister Irrelevant tally up the scores from their weekly Redskins Winners and Losers posts to determine the overall Winners and Losers on the 2010 Redskins. Sobering!
- Homer McFanboy talks to Byron Westbrook about his role as holder for kicks when the ball falls off the tee. Informative!
- And the Seahawks Blog at the Seattle Times offers both a seismogram and a seismic timeline showing the earth-shaking reaction the crowd had toMarshawn Lynch’s amazing touchdown run on Saturday. Awesome!
Posted in General | No Comments »