• Sun., Dec. 11, 2016 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST Live Redskins PreGame Show with Kevin Sheehan and John Riggins Kevin Sheehan gets the action started at 10am with the Official Redskins Radio Pregame Show presented by Koch – three hours of expert analysis, coaches interviews, key matchups, NFC East Game Day Previews, fantasy football updates and more!

Plus, this year Hall of Fame running back John Riggins will join Kevin in the broadcast booth during the final 90 minutes of the show, giving fans unparalleled pregame analysis for every Redskins game right up to kickoff.
  • Sun., Dec. 11, 2016 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM EST Live Postgame Press Conferences Redskins head coach Jay Gruden, quarterback Kirk Cousins and select players address the media following the Redskins vs. Eagles game at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pa.
  • Mon., Dec. 12, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fane unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches, and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m./7:30 a.m. daily)

Time: 5:30 p.m.

• Fri., Dec. 16, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Mon., Dec. 19, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Mon., Dec. 19, 2016 11:30 PM - 11:59 PM EST Live Postgame Press Conferences Redskins head coach Jay Gruden, quarterback Kirk Cousins and select players address the media following the Redskins vs. Panthers game at FedExField in Landover, Md.
  • Tue., Dec. 20, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

Santana Moss: 'Meant For Me To Be' A Redskin

Posted by Matt Terl on December 29, 2010 – 12:17 pm

Today’s sign that we’ve really reached the winding-down portion of the season: players who are facing free agency being asked about their futures with the team. Nearly everyone in the locker room said that they still had plenty of football left and that they hoped to play that football here. It’s what you’d hope to hear, what you’d expect to hear, and it often doesn’t actually mean all that much.

But Santana Moss‘s declaration — he’s currently slated to be a free agent after this season — was particularly heartfelt.
“I don’t feel like leaving is going to help me win games somewhere else,” Moss said, frankly. “I feel that, you know, somewhere that you are comfortable with, that you feel like you can play, and your family can live and, you know, you can raise your family and live comfortably, and play a great game, and play at a high level. You know, why leave? So that’s why I feel the way I feel.”

Moss actually expressed a sense of belonging here that I don’t think I had every heard him mention before. “I just feel like once I became a Redskin, I felt like it was meant for me to be here,” Moss said. “Once I got that opportunity to come here, you know-coming into the league in 2001, I heard that’s where I was going anyway. The whole week leading up to it, they had me under Washington, Washington, Washington. For whatever reason, the Jets got me. And when I got a chance to come anyway, I was like, hey, maybe it was meant. And when the career has went the way it went here, when it comes to just having the success I’ve had here, you know, you kind of say, well this must be the team for me.”

Moss’s play this year certainly backs up the idea that he can still play, and even flourish in Kyle Shanahan’s offense. With one catch on Sunday, Moss will set a new career high for receptions with 85. He’s currently at 1,041 yards, which is his fourth highest yardage total in his ten NFL seasons, and he has six touchdowns — there’s no sign whatsoever that his game is declining. For me, I’d love to see Moss in a Redskins uniform again next season, but I’m mostly just shocked that it’s already time to start talking about the offseason again.

Tags: