All right. Following head coach Mike Shanahan’s Monday press conference, here’s the update on yesterday’s insane raft of injuries:
- Chad Simpson is done, headed to injured reserve with a foot injury. Practice squad signee James Davis has been signed to the active roster, which should make a number of people very happy. (Hi @skinshuly! Hi @broodingdude!)
- Anderson Russell is also heading to injured reserve, but his roster spot has not yet been filled.
- Casey Rabach had a second degree MCL tear, “he’s gonna have to wait during the week, see how he responds.”
- Rocky McIntosh is “sore right now; he had a groin injury, sore during the game, weren’t sure if he was going to come back in, and obviously he wasn’t. I don’t think we’ll know until Wednesday exactly how serious it is.”
- Clinton Portis is getting an MRI, we’ll know more Wednesday.
- Lorenzo Alexander is another wait-and-see.
- Derrick Dockery is sore but optimistic, according to Shanahan. Expected to miss a few days of practice.
- LaRon Landry is likely to be out this coming Sunday — “98% sure,” Shanahan said.
- Carlos Rogers is wait-and-see with a hamstring.
- Artis Hicks is “biting at the bit,” we’ll know more Wednesday. (Sensing a trend?)
- Ryan Torain is a longshot for next week. “I think that might be 97%,” Shanahan joked.
- Jeremy Jarmon tweaked a hamstring “pretty good,” and Shanahan seemed skeptical of his ability to contribute this week.
- The four guys who left the game and came back in — DeAngelo Hall, Santana Moss, Brian Orakpo, and Kedric Golston — are “okay,” according to Shanahan. So THAT’S good news!
This week’s practice will be lower speed, and probably reduced reps because of the lower numbers on the scout team.
Shanahan also confirmed Chris Cooley‘s comment from the CSNWashington postgame show last night that the Redskins also lost a trainer to injury at last night’s game. (Dan Steinberg has a transcription of Cooley here.) “We did,” Shanahan said. “I knew things were going bad when one of our trainers, Eric, got — I don’t know if it’s an ACL, but it’s a serious injury — at halftime. Kinda slipped. So we’ll keep our fingers crossed that it’s not an ACL, but he’s also having an MRI today.”
It was that kind of game, really.
Posted in General | No Comments »