• Sun., Nov. 23, 2014 2:55 PM - 3:15 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Larry Michael LIVE from Levi's Stadium before the Redskins vs. 49ers game on Sunday, November 23, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 23, 2014 7:55 PM - 8:25 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. 49ers game at Levi's Stadium on Sunday, November 23, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 23, 2014 8:25 PM - 8:55 PM EST Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. 49ers game at Levi's Stadium on Sunday, November 23, 2014.
  • Mon., Nov. 24, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Tue., Nov. 25, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Wed., Nov. 26, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Thu., Nov. 27, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Fri., Nov. 28, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Sun., Nov. 30, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Larry Michael LIVE from Lucas Oil Stadium before the Redskins vs. Colts game on Sunday, November 30, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 30, 2014 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Colts game at Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday, November 30, 2014.

Daniel Snyder Talks Tailgating (Among Many Other Things)

Posted by Matt Terl on August 4, 2010 – 8:30 am

The Redskins.com staff — that’s Gary Fitzgerald, Larry Weisman, and me — got a chance to sit down with owner Daniel Snyder yesterday for a rambling, pleasant interview that covered all sorts of topics. Probably the biggest takeaway were Snyder’s plans to build a Redskins Museum and indoor practice facility in Ashburn “in the near future,” but that wasn’t the bit that I was most interested in.

What I was intrigued by were the allusions to Daniel Snyder, former tailgater.

MT: You’ve been an owner for a while, you’re obviously still a fan but you’re more than a fan. You own the team. Is there any aspect of life just being a fan that you miss?

DS: “Sure. I miss tailgating. I loved it. I did it for a long time. I went to my first Redskins game with my father when I was 6 years old. I’m 45 now. I think that as an owner I’m just trying to help as much as I can to support Bruce and Mike. I miss the experience of wearing my jersey and hanging out with my pals.”

MT: What was a Daniel Snyder tailgate like?

DS: “It was a little low key. We weren’t the rowdy tailgaters. We were low key and we had a blast. A lot of cooking, a lot of eating. A lot of good bratwurst.”

Much more in the link.

Also interviewing Snyder yesterday were the intrepid bloggers over at Hogs Haven. Much of the attention directed at their interview has focused on the owner having attempted a conditioning test, but I was more interested in this:

HH: And what of the possibility of moving a preseason game over to RFK?

DAN: We’ve actually talked about doing that, and taking advantage of different opportunities but our biggest problem is we’re 90,000 at FedEx, and RFK is 50,000. So that means 40,000 people would be really upset-the 40k that wanted to go. So it doesn’t really work because of that.

Now I have a firm answer to offer the next 10,000 times I get this question in my email.

Tags: