• Thu., Dec. 08, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fane unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches, and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m./7:30 a.m. daily)

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Fri., Dec. 09, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Sun., Dec. 11, 2016 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM EST Live Postgame Press Conferences Redskins head coach Jay Gruden, quarterback Kirk Cousins and select players address the media following the Redskins vs. Eagles game at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pa.
  • Mon., Dec. 12, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Fri., Dec. 16, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Mon., Dec. 19, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Mon., Dec. 19, 2016 11:30 PM - 11:59 PM EST Live Postgame Press Conferences Redskins head coach Jay Gruden, quarterback Kirk Cousins and select players address the media following the Redskins vs. Panthers game at FedExField in Landover, Md.

Redskins Select Dennis Morris, TE Out Of La. Tech (UPDATED)

Posted by Matt Terl on April 24, 2010 – 1:53 pm

Well, I certainly didn’t see that coming. The Redskins select Dennis Morris, a TE out of Louisiana Tech, with the 174th pick in the draft. The YouTube video embedded above contains exactly everything I know about Morris, and it looks impressive. Then again, it’s his highlight video, so it would be bad news if it DIDN’T look impressive. I wouldn’t have guessed that tight end was a need position, but … well, there you go.

UPDATE #1: Per @RickMaese, “Morris says Redskins tell him he’ll play tight end, fullback and H-back.” So that makes a lot more sense.

UPDATE #2: After the jump, some quotes from Morris’s conference call with Redskins beat reporters.
On being selected by the Redskins:

“It was exciting, a call I’ve been waiting on my whole life and I’m very happy to go to the Redskins. I have to go out on the field and help the team win more games.”

On if he is a tight end, fullback or h-back:

“I talked to Mike Shanahan and he said I’ll probably play all three positions. I feel like I can play all of them since I have been playing all of them since I’ve been in college so it wouldn’t be a change.”

On his size:

“I’m 6-2, 255.”

On his conversations with the Redskins prior to the draft:

“I stayed in contact with the tight ends coach (Jon Embree) and he kept saying they liked me.”

On if he visited the Redskins:

“No, I didn’t come in for a visit. [Embree] came down to see me.”

On his overall strengths:

“I’m pretty fast for my size and I am a good pass catcher. I am pretty aggressive and I like to block. I feel like I can excel as either a true tight end or H-Back.”

On if he felt slighted by not being invited to the scouting combine:

“Yeah, I was a little disappointed that I didn’t get invited, but some of the great tight ends and fullbacks in the league right now didn’t get invited. So I just kept my head up and just kept working. I just worked at it and prayed that I got the call one day.”

Tags: