• Fri., Nov. 21, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Sun., Nov. 23, 2014 2:55 PM - 3:15 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Larry Michael LIVE from Levi's Stadium before the Redskins vs. 49ers game on Sunday, November 23, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 23, 2014 7:55 PM - 8:25 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. 49ers game at Levi's Stadium on Sunday, November 23, 2014.
  • Sun., Nov. 23, 2014 8:25 PM - 8:55 PM EST Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. 49ers game at Levi's Stadium on Sunday, November 23, 2014.
  • Mon., Nov. 24, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Tue., Nov. 25, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Wed., Nov. 26, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Thu., Nov. 27, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Fri., Nov. 28, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Sun., Nov. 30, 2014 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Larry Michael LIVE from Lucas Oil Stadium before the Redskins vs. Colts game on Sunday, November 30, 2014.

Redskins Select Dennis Morris, TE Out Of La. Tech (UPDATED)

Posted by Matt Terl on April 24, 2010 – 1:53 pm

Well, I certainly didn’t see that coming. The Redskins select Dennis Morris, a TE out of Louisiana Tech, with the 174th pick in the draft. The YouTube video embedded above contains exactly everything I know about Morris, and it looks impressive. Then again, it’s his highlight video, so it would be bad news if it DIDN’T look impressive. I wouldn’t have guessed that tight end was a need position, but … well, there you go.

UPDATE #1: Per @RickMaese, “Morris says Redskins tell him he’ll play tight end, fullback and H-back.” So that makes a lot more sense.

UPDATE #2: After the jump, some quotes from Morris’s conference call with Redskins beat reporters.
On being selected by the Redskins:

“It was exciting, a call I’ve been waiting on my whole life and I’m very happy to go to the Redskins. I have to go out on the field and help the team win more games.”

On if he is a tight end, fullback or h-back:

“I talked to Mike Shanahan and he said I’ll probably play all three positions. I feel like I can play all of them since I have been playing all of them since I’ve been in college so it wouldn’t be a change.”

On his size:

“I’m 6-2, 255.”

On his conversations with the Redskins prior to the draft:

“I stayed in contact with the tight ends coach (Jon Embree) and he kept saying they liked me.”

On if he visited the Redskins:

“No, I didn’t come in for a visit. [Embree] came down to see me.”

On his overall strengths:

“I’m pretty fast for my size and I am a good pass catcher. I am pretty aggressive and I like to block. I feel like I can excel as either a true tight end or H-Back.”

On if he felt slighted by not being invited to the scouting combine:

“Yeah, I was a little disappointed that I didn’t get invited, but some of the great tight ends and fullbacks in the league right now didn’t get invited. So I just kept my head up and just kept working. I just worked at it and prayed that I got the call one day.”

Tags: