• Thu., Dec. 08, 2016 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM EST Live Jay Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden addresses the media following Thursday's practice at the Inova Sports Performance Center at Redskins Park in Loudoun County, Va.
  • Thu., Dec. 08, 2016 2:45 PM - 3:30 PM EST Live Sean McVay Press Conference Redskins offensive coordinator Sean McVay addresses the media following Thursday's practice at the Inova Sports Performance Center at Redskins Park in Loudoun County, Va.
  • Thu., Dec. 08, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fane unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches, and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m./7:30 a.m. daily)

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Fri., Dec. 09, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Sun., Dec. 11, 2016 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM EST Live Postgame Press Conferences Redskins head coach Jay Gruden, quarterback Kirk Cousins and select players address the media following the Redskins vs. Eagles game at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pa.
  • Mon., Dec. 12, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Fri., Dec. 16, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

Tuesday, March 2: Darrell Green Discusses His Birthday Jog

Posted by Matt Terl on March 2, 2010 – 9:39 am

When I wrote about DeAngelo Hall’s reaction to Darrell Green’s fiftieth birthday 40-yard-dash, I mentioned that I was a little skeptical of Green’s accomplishment. On reflection, “skeptical” was probably the wrong word; Green has always come across as a fastidiously honest guy, and I certainly didn’t doubt that he had done what he said he’d done. What I wondered, I think, was … well, why?

I haven’t had the chance to ask Green about it yet, but SportsCenter online did, and his answer pretty much boils down to “Because I could.”

Which is fair enough, and also explains why I would ask the question: because where Green could, I certainly couldn’t — and I’m years younger than him. Here’s Green’s full explanation:
“I did it because I was free to do it,” he told the unnamed ESPN cameraman. “I live in America and I can do what I want to do, and I woke up that morning and wanted to do something fun and special — not necessarily for the fans, but for me. It was just something I wanted to do, and I did it. It was pretty fascinating; we put it on Twitter, and people kinda went wacko and bonkers over it.

“But I really didn’t do it for other people. I just did it ’cause … you know, one day — y’all can’t see it, but he’s young behind the camera here — one day you’re gonna be fifty and maybe you’ll do something special [that’s] all about you because you’re glad that you woke up that morning.”

Which is actually kind of inspirational. If I get the chance, I hope I can run the 40-at-fifty even half as fast as Green did. I also loved this answer, when asked who would be the toughest receiver for him to cover today:

“At this age? Probably pretty much everybody. If I can cover ’em, they probably shouldn’t be in the league.”

Hat tip to Mister Irrelevant.

Tags: , ,