• Wed., Jun. 01, 2016 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM EDT Cooley and Kevin

Check out Cooley and Kevin weekdays from 7am-11am on ESPN 980, online at ESPN980.com and via the ESPN 980 App for

iPhone and Android.

• Wed., Jun. 01, 2016 7:30 AM - 8:00 AM EDT Redskins Nation Redskins Nation on Comcast SportsNet
  • Wed., Jun. 01, 2016 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM EDT The Tony Kornheiser Show Check out The Tony Kornheiser Show weekdays from 11am-1pm on ESPN 980, online at ESPN980.com and via the ESPN 980 App for iPhone and Android.
  • Wed., Jun. 01, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation Redskins Nation on Comcast SportsNet
  • Wed., Jun. 01, 2016 11:00 PM - 11:30 PM EDT Redskins Nation Redskins Nation on Comcast SportsNet
  • Thu., Jun. 02, 2016 7:30 AM - 8:00 AM EDT Redskins Nation Redskins Nation on Comcast SportsNet
  • Thu., Jun. 02, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation Redskins Nation on Comcast SportsNet
  • Thu., Jun. 02, 2016 11:00 PM - 11:30 PM EDT Redskins Nation Redskins Nation on Comcast SportsNet
  • Fri., Jun. 03, 2016 7:30 AM - 8:00 AM EDT Redskins Nation Redskins Nation on Comcast SportsNet
  • Fri., Jun. 03, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation Redskins Nation on Comcast SportsNet

Reed Doughty Goes To IR Somewhat Satisfied

Posted by Matt Terl on December 30, 2009 – 3:53 pm

The Redskins moved Reed Doughty to injured reserve today with a high ankle sprain, ending his season with one game left to play. This may seem like only a small step up from last season, when he went on injured reserve with a back injury with ten games left to play, but Doughty doesn’t see it that way.

“I’m thankful I got to play as long as I did [this season],” he said. “I’m healthy and an ankle injury is NOT my back, so I’m thankful for that.”

Here’s the other thing Doughty can be thankful for: he’s quietly had a very good year.
His 81 tackles rank him eighth among NFC safeties, his two sacks tie him for first among NFC safeties, and his 4.5 tackles for loss rank fourth among NFC safeties.

And Doughty can even consider that something of a success.

“My main goal was to prove to people that I could come back and play at this level,” he said, “at a high level, and I think I did that. Prove to people that I could stay healthy — I mean, this [ankle] I’m not really concerned with; a lot of people have ankles or hip flexors or whatever — and have no big injuries during the season. I came in, got to start in a lot of games, and I felt like I was very productive.”

Offensive lineman Mike Williams was also put on injured reserve; the team signed RB P.J. Hill and CB Marcus McCauley to fill their roster spots. Both of the new guys are expected to be inactive this week, per head coach Jim Zorn, and are essentially auditioning for offseason work.

Tags: , , ,