• Sun., Dec. 11, 2016 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EST Live Redskins PreGame Show with Kevin Sheehan and John Riggins Kevin Sheehan gets the action started at 10am with the Official Redskins Radio Pregame Show presented by Koch – three hours of expert analysis, coaches interviews, key matchups, NFC East Game Day Previews, fantasy football updates and more!

Plus, this year Hall of Fame running back John Riggins will join Kevin in the broadcast booth during the final 90 minutes of the show, giving fans unparalleled pregame analysis for every Redskins game right up to kickoff.
  • Sun., Dec. 11, 2016 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM EST Live Postgame Press Conferences Redskins head coach Jay Gruden, quarterback Kirk Cousins and select players address the media following the Redskins vs. Eagles game at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pa.
  • Mon., Dec. 12, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fane unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches, and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m./7:30 a.m. daily)

Time: 5:30 p.m.

• Fri., Dec. 16, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Mon., Dec. 19, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Mon., Dec. 19, 2016 11:30 PM - 11:59 PM EST Live Postgame Press Conferences Redskins head coach Jay Gruden, quarterback Kirk Cousins and select players address the media following the Redskins vs. Panthers game at FedExField in Landover, Md.
  • Tue., Dec. 20, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

Wednesday, October 28: Someone Else Doesn't Know Why Fred Davis Jumps

Posted by Matt Terl on October 28, 2009 – 4:51 pm

When Fred Davis made a catch during the game Monday night, I mentioned on Twitter that he “really loves to jump in the air for no discernible reason, doesn’t he?” A couple of people agreed with me, and that was that. But the question sort of nagged at me: why DOES Davis seem to jump in the air every time he catches the ball, regardless of field position, down, distance, or any other details like that.

On Tuesday, I finally bit the bullet and asked him, and I’ve got some good news and some bad news.
The good news is that Davis is keenly aware of the bad habit — he started laughing before I even finished the question — and so are his coaches. “Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. They say ‘You shouldn’t do that,'” he said. “They say, ‘Just stay on the ground.'”

But Davis doesn’t stay on the ground. He leaps, especially when large men in the opposing jersey are running at him, and the bad news is that even he doesn’t seem to know quite why. He tried several reasons, though.

• First: “Man. I don’t know, man. When you haven’t been playing for awhile, sometimes you get outta shape a little bit. I feel kinda outta shape right now.”
  • Next: “I mean, it usually worked in college, but you’ve gotta set it up more. I haven’t really been setting it up.”
  • Third: “There’s a way you can do it, though, when they dive at your legs. But they ain’t diving at me; they’re trying to hit me high. So I gotta stop doing that until they start hitting me low.”

In the end, though, it was his final reason that rang the truest: “I didn’t set it up or anything,” he said again. “I just jumped, I don’t know why. I don’t know why I did it.”

The last bit of good news, though, is that Davis — as promised — was in today, working with tight ends coach Scott Wachenheim while the rest of the players were away for the first day of their bye week. Between that and the word from head coach Jim Zorn that Chris Cooley may be back in four weeks, this was a surprisingly good day for news about the Redskins tight ends.

Tags: , , ,