• Thu., Dec. 18, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Fri., Dec. 19, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Sat., Dec. 20, 2014 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM EST Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Lou Holder LIVE from FedExField before the Redskins vs. Eagles kickoff on Saturday, December 20, 2014.
  • Sat., Dec. 20, 2014 6:00 PM - 6:15 PM EST Live Microsoft Halftime Update Redskins halftime update hosted by Rick "Doc" Walker and Lou Holder LIVE from FedExField during the Redskins vs.Eagles game on December 20, 2014.

• Sat., Dec. 20, 2014 8:00 PM - 8:30 PM EST Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Eagles game at FedExField on Saturday, December 20, 2014.
  • Sat., Dec. 20, 2014 8:30 PM - 9:00 PM EST Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. Eagles game at FedExField on Saturday, December 20, 2014.
  • Mon., Dec. 22, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Tue., Dec. 23, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Wed., Dec. 24, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

• Thu., Dec. 25, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

A Redskins Mania Second Chance Via Internet

Posted by Matt Terl on September 18, 2009 – 10:57 am

There’s a story by Gary Fitzgerald over on the Redskins.com mothership about second-chance winners from the Redskins Mania scratch-off ticket touring the facility yesterday. I didn’t have a chance to talk to the practical jokester from Gary’s story, but I did get to talk to Valerie Womack of Orange, Va.

The conversation made me feel kind of dumb. See, I’ve played Redskins Mania twice. Won one (yay!), lost one (boo!). And when I looked at the second-chance information on the losing ticket and it said I could enter the second-chance drawing via the internet, I was skeptical enough that I quite honestly never got around to it. The losing ticket is still sitting on my desk at home.

(I have no idea why this would be, by the way. I’m on the internet ALL THE TIME. There is almost nothing I think the internet couldn’t do. But when it comes to things like this, I always assume that if I don’t send a piece of paper in the mail, no one will believe I want to enter.)

“Oh no,” Womack — a veteran of lottery scratchers — told me when I expressed this opinion. “There’s lots of winners on the internet. More people enter on the internet than by mail. You save a stamp.”
Womack, in case you haven’t guessed, is one of those people. “I had just gotten home from work,” she said, “and the UPS driver pulled up in my yard on that Monday. We weren’t expecting any packages, and I just knew it was the lottery.”

I must’ve looked perplexed, because Womack backtracked and explained, “Because they had just had the drawing that Friday, and usually they send out notices right afterwards by UPS and you get it the next day. So I knew it was the lottery. I almost broke my neck getting to the door and then I saw it, yes, it was from the lottery.”

What the letter said is that Womack is a finalist for a trip to Dallas to see the Redskins play the Cowboys for the first time in their new stadium. This means that Womack will be attending the October 26 home game against the Eagles, because the drawing for the Dallas tickets is at halftime, and that Eagles game will be Womack’s first live Redskins game in a life of fandom that stretches back to the 1970s.

“When you get out there with the rest of the fans,” she said excitedly, “it’s a totally different story. Just like when I was in high school and college when we went to the football games, it’s nothing like watching them on TV. It’s intense.”

Womack is excited about the opportunity, about the drawing, about the potential trip, about seeing Clinton Portis live (“That little youngster’s really good!”), and about her lottery and her Redskins coming together. I’m just excited that I can go home an enter that losing ticket without having to fill out the back or use a stamp. Oh, internet, there really is nothing you can’t do.

Tags: ,
Posted in General | 2 Comments »

2 Responses to “A Redskins Mania Second Chance Via Internet”

1. By alvin bell on Oct 20, 2012 | Reply

I have scrach offs for second chanch for the readskins i can’t get them posted on the valottery sigh help me

2. By alvin bell on Oct 27, 2012 | Reply

Please let me know how to post redskins second chanch on the internet.