Posting will be a bit sporadic this week, as I try to squeeze in a little bit of vacation time to charge up the old batteries for training camp. (Only eight days and twenty-odd hours left as I type this, according to the handy — and terrifying — training camp countdown on ESPN980’s homepage.)
But yesterday marked the first anniversary of this blog, so I thought a look back at some of my favorite posts from the past year might be in order.
So, more or less chronologically:
- Going to the Hall of Fame with the then-rookies and talking with Sonny Jurgensen about it afterward. Still one of the more surreal experiences of my life.
- Figuring out why the weight room music had switched to a never-ending loop of Fleetwood Mac.
- Touring the giant Outback ad known as the Madden Cruiser.
- The Welcome Home Luncheon, where Coach Jim Zorn told the story of breaking a cheerleader’s nose.
- Fred Smoot‘s blurple Impala.
- Randy Thomas has some fun at Chris Horton‘s expense.
- Coach Zorn’s nearly-forgotten history as a Dallas Cowboys quarterback.
- Talking to the man who hopes to be Chief Zee’s successor.
- Finding out what plays various players would call if given the chance, following on Clinton Portis‘s success calling a draw for himself against the Eagles.
- Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly love oldies like Nuthin’ But A G Thang.
Posted in General | No Comments »