• Mon., Sep. 07, 2015 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Tue., Sep. 08, 2015 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Wed., Sep. 09, 2015 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Thu., Sep. 10, 2015 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Sep. 11, 2015 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Sun., Sep. 13, 2015 11:30 AM - 11:45 AM EDT Live Gametime Live vs. Dolphins Redskins Gametime Live vs. Miami Dolphins
  • Sun., Sep. 13, 2015 2:30 PM - 2:45 PM EDT Live Halftime Update Redskins halftime update hosted LIVE from FedExField during the Redskins vs. Dolphins game on September 13, 2015.
  • Sun., Sep. 13, 2015 4:00 PM - 4:15 PM EDT Live Gruden Postgame Presser Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks to media after the Redskins game vs. the Miami Dolphins at FedExField in Landover, Md. on Sunday, September 13, 2015.
  • Sun., Sep. 13, 2015 4:15 PM - 4:30 PM EDT Live Post Game Press Conference Select Redskins players speak to media following the Redskins game vs. the Miami Dolphins at FedExField in Landover, Md. on Sunday, September 13, 2015.
  • Mon., Sep. 14, 2015 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

Cody Glenn: "I Love To Hit People"

Posted by Matt Terl on April 26, 2009 – 5:27 pm

Redskins fifth round draft choice Cody Glenn called in to talk to the local media this afternoon, and discussed making the switch from running back to linebacker.

“It was a mutual [decision] with the new coaches who were coming in” at Nebraska, he said. “I felt that I could help the team more by playing defense than playing in a crowded backfield that was playing by committee. I made the switch to better our football team.

“I felt that when I first moved over there, I picked it up pretty good,” he continued. “With my natural instincts for the position and being a football player, I picked it up pretty good. Learning the terminology of Coach [Bo] Pelini’s defense and learning where I had to be, once I learned most of that then I was able to just let my athletic ability take over to fly around and make plays.”

So, then, the obvious question: does he expect to be linebacker in the NFL, or would he consider moving back to running back if needed.

And the obvious answer: “I’m a team guy. Whatever they want me to do, I’ll do. I love playing linebacker now, so that’s where I wish to play, but if that’s something that they came to me with I would be more than willing to do it.”

More quotes from Glenn’s phone call, after the jump.

On how he feels to be drafted by the Redskins:

“I am extremely excited, I can’t put it into words right now. I am ready to go and play football again.”

On what he brings to the Redskins:

“I am a speed linebacker. I love football and I love to hit people. I feel I bring speed, a team attitude and the willingness to do anything for the team.”

On which linebacker position he is most comfortable playing:

“I played weakside this year, so I feel best at that position. I know that I have some learning to do with only playing the position one year, but that is something I am ready to do. I am eager to get on the football field.”

On injuries he suffered in college:

“In 2006 I hurt [my foot]. I did not have any problems with it in 2007. In 2007 I had a scope of my knee where I hurt it, but I was pretty healthy then, I just did not play at all with the coaches that we had. This past spring, I just hurt my foot, but it is full go now.”

On whether he thought he would ever be drafted as a linebacker:

“I had always been a running back, and I had always loved playing running back. When I made the switch I didn’t know how it was going to turn out, but I am grateful for it and I thank God for it.”

Tags: , , ,