• Thu., Apr. 24, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Wed., Apr. 30, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Thu., May. 01, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., May. 02, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., May. 05, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Tue., May. 06, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Wed., May. 07, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

Cody Glenn: "I Love To Hit People"

Posted by Matt Terl on April 26, 2009 – 5:27 pm

Redskins fifth round draft choice Cody Glenn called in to talk to the local media this afternoon, and discussed making the switch from running back to linebacker.

“It was a mutual [decision] with the new coaches who were coming in” at Nebraska, he said. “I felt that I could help the team more by playing defense than playing in a crowded backfield that was playing by committee. I made the switch to better our football team.

“I felt that when I first moved over there, I picked it up pretty good,” he continued. “With my natural instincts for the position and being a football player, I picked it up pretty good. Learning the terminology of Coach [Bo] Pelini’s defense and learning where I had to be, once I learned most of that then I was able to just let my athletic ability take over to fly around and make plays.”

So, then, the obvious question: does he expect to be linebacker in the NFL, or would he consider moving back to running back if needed.

And the obvious answer: “I’m a team guy. Whatever they want me to do, I’ll do. I love playing linebacker now, so that’s where I wish to play, but if that’s something that they came to me with I would be more than willing to do it.”

More quotes from Glenn’s phone call, after the jump.

On how he feels to be drafted by the Redskins:

“I am extremely excited, I can’t put it into words right now. I am ready to go and play football again.”

On what he brings to the Redskins:

“I am a speed linebacker. I love football and I love to hit people. I feel I bring speed, a team attitude and the willingness to do anything for the team.”

On which linebacker position he is most comfortable playing:

“I played weakside this year, so I feel best at that position. I know that I have some learning to do with only playing the position one year, but that is something I am ready to do. I am eager to get on the football field.”

On injuries he suffered in college:

“In 2006 I hurt [my foot]. I did not have any problems with it in 2007. In 2007 I had a scope of my knee where I hurt it, but I was pretty healthy then, I just did not play at all with the coaches that we had. This past spring, I just hurt my foot, but it is full go now.”

On whether he thought he would ever be drafted as a linebacker:

“I had always been a running back, and I had always loved playing running back. When I made the switch I didn’t know how it was going to turn out, but I am grateful for it and I thank God for it.”

Tags: , , ,