• Sun., Dec. 04, 2016 1:00 PM - 4:25 PM EST Live Redskins Pregame Show Live Kevin Sheehan gets the action started at 1:30pm with the Official Redskins Radio Pregame Show presented by Koch – three hours of expert analysis, coaches interviews, key matchups, NFC East Game Day Previews, fantasy football updates and more!

Plus, this year Hall of Fame running back John Riggins will join Kevin in the broadcast booth during the final 90 minutes of the show, giving fans unparalleled pregame analysis for every Redskins game right up to kickoff.
  • Mon., Dec. 05, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fane unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches, and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m./7:30 a.m. daily)

Time: 5:30 p.m.

• Wed., Dec. 14, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

• Thu., Dec. 15, 2016 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EST Redskins Nation

Time: 5:30 p.m.

Location: Comcast SportsNet

Cody Glenn: "I Love To Hit People"

Posted by Matt Terl on April 26, 2009 – 5:27 pm

Redskins fifth round draft choice Cody Glenn called in to talk to the local media this afternoon, and discussed making the switch from running back to linebacker.

“It was a mutual [decision] with the new coaches who were coming in” at Nebraska, he said. “I felt that I could help the team more by playing defense than playing in a crowded backfield that was playing by committee. I made the switch to better our football team.

“I felt that when I first moved over there, I picked it up pretty good,” he continued. “With my natural instincts for the position and being a football player, I picked it up pretty good. Learning the terminology of Coach [Bo] Pelini’s defense and learning where I had to be, once I learned most of that then I was able to just let my athletic ability take over to fly around and make plays.”

So, then, the obvious question: does he expect to be linebacker in the NFL, or would he consider moving back to running back if needed.

And the obvious answer: “I’m a team guy. Whatever they want me to do, I’ll do. I love playing linebacker now, so that’s where I wish to play, but if that’s something that they came to me with I would be more than willing to do it.”

More quotes from Glenn’s phone call, after the jump.

On how he feels to be drafted by the Redskins:

“I am extremely excited, I can’t put it into words right now. I am ready to go and play football again.”

On what he brings to the Redskins:

“I am a speed linebacker. I love football and I love to hit people. I feel I bring speed, a team attitude and the willingness to do anything for the team.”

On which linebacker position he is most comfortable playing:

“I played weakside this year, so I feel best at that position. I know that I have some learning to do with only playing the position one year, but that is something I am ready to do. I am eager to get on the football field.”

On injuries he suffered in college:

“In 2006 I hurt [my foot]. I did not have any problems with it in 2007. In 2007 I had a scope of my knee where I hurt it, but I was pretty healthy then, I just did not play at all with the coaches that we had. This past spring, I just hurt my foot, but it is full go now.”

On whether he thought he would ever be drafted as a linebacker:

“I had always been a running back, and I had always loved playing running back. When I made the switch I didn’t know how it was going to turn out, but I am grateful for it and I thank God for it.”

Tags: , , ,