• Fri., Oct. 24, 2014 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden speaks to media at Redskins Park in Loudoun County, Va. on Friday, October 24, 2014.
  • Fri., Oct. 24, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Oct. 27, 2014 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM EDT Live Verizon Gametime Live Redskins pregame show hosted by Larry Michael LIVE from AT&T Stadium before the Redskins vs. Cowboys game on Monday, October 27, 2014.
  • Tue., Oct. 28, 2014 12:00 AM - 12:30 AM EDT Live Gruden Press Conference Redskins head coach Jay Gruden takes the podium following the Redskins vs. Cowboys game at AT&T Stadium on Monday, October 27, 2014.
  • Tue., Oct. 28, 2014 12:30 AM - 1:00 AM EDT Live Player Press Conference Select Redskins players take the podium following the Redskins vs. Cowboys game at AT&T Stadium on Monday, October 27, 2014.
  • Tue., Oct. 28, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Wed., Oct. 29, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Thu., Oct. 30, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Oct. 31, 2014 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM EDT Redskins Nation

Friday, March 20: Draft Party Details

Posted by Matt Terl on March 20, 2009 – 9:13 am

Well, for everyone who’s been sending questions to me and to Redskins Nation, here’s the details on the Draft Day Party:

On draft day, April 25, the stadium gates at FedExField will open at noon. There will be cheerleaders, players, and alumni present, and Coach Zorn will address the crowd at 2:30ish, before the start of the draft.

The fan activities — aside from just getting to be on the field and listening to our quotable head coach — include:

• a free raffle for autographed Redskins memorabilia
  • passing and kicking skills tests on the playing field
  • tours of the team’s locker room
  • games in an arcade of some sort
  • the chance to dress like a Redskins player
  • an opportunity to see and photograph the team’s three Super Bowl trophies

Admission and parking are free.

I asked Chris Cooley if he had any specific memories of past Draft Day Parties.

Cooley: “Oh, yeah. I had a great time at the one a couple of years ago.

“They had everyone, all the fans, on the field. They let a couple of us guys talk on the microphone — there was a stage, a backstage, all of that stuff. I think the stage was on the 20. I got done talking, and I went straight into the crowd. It was like a wrestling match through the whole crowd.

“There was a field goal kicking contest at the other end, so I was gonna give everyone a high five and then go kick field goals. I mean, it took me thirty minutes to get through the crowd. Signing autographs — I had marker all over my shirt from people banging my arms back into my shirt with the marker.

“But I went through the whole crowd, and I went from the 20 to the 20 through the whole crowd.”

Did you do the same thing last year?

Cooley: “No, they forbid me to go through the crowd, because they couldn’t have security for me. The security guys got stuck behind me in the crowd. So when I came through the crowd, security got cut off in the crowd — it’s a big crowd.”

So it’s fairly packed?

Cooley: “There’s a ton of people. It’s cool because it’s a lot of people that never get to go to the stadium, and definitely never get to go on the field. It should be good, because we have a first round pick. So there should be some excitement there.”

Are you going to go this year?

Cooley: “I’m not sure what my plan is yet, to be honest.”

Which makes sense, since the list of players and alumni is expected to be released at a later date.

And if you’re already at the high-detail level in your planning for that day, you can factor in that you’ll be entering at Gate H, the Comcast SportsNet Gate.

Should be an exciting time, even if they did start keeping Cooley behind a table last year.

Tags: , , , , ,
Posted in General | 1 Comment »

One Response to “Friday, March 20: Draft Party Details”

1. By vince on Apr 24, 2012 | Reply

what alumni will be signing at draft party saturday and other players thanks